30+ days ago - req8730
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of the mechanical (sub)-systems and components.
To contribute to the development of products by specification, architecture, design, mechanical calculations (FEM), technical budget analysis, integration and test execution of mechanical components or subsystems.
- Specifies and designs the modules and/or functionality to realize the required performance.
- Uses state of the art design methods and construction principles to ensure adequate designs that can be realized from a technical and supply chain perspective.
- Drives the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of tests and the design and realization of test equipment.
Ensures that prototypes are built and tests are carried out.
- Delivers the technical product documentation that is needed to release the design for volume production.
- As senior design engineer, you typically coach design engineers and are responsible for a larger module.
Master or Ph.D. degree within Mechanics or Mechatronics with 7 or more years of experience.
- Well educated and experienced in the application of construction principles.
- High-class abilities to make stiffness and strength calculations.
- Well-developed analytical ability, ability to design concepts and a pragmatic attitude and capability to translate concepts into practical designs that meet the specified requirements.
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling tools is required, preferably Unigraphics.
Preferably knowledge or experience within the following competences:
- Fatigue of elastic elements.
- Dynamical behavior of mechanical systems.
- Advanced materials (ceramics, glass, compositions).
- Joining technologies: fasteners, adhesives, welding etc.
- Very good technical skills with a pragmatic attitude.
- Creative thinking capability.
- Critical on results.
- Good communicational skills, team player and good knowledge of the English language.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. What’s it like working at ASML? Find out more on our YouTube page and our Working at ASML website.
Working at ASML : https://www.workingatasml.com/
If you're motivated to apply for this position - please include a recent and complete CV, cover letter, and if possible, your (design) portfolio when applying. After applying - Recruitment makes a first assessment of your suitability for the job, if positive - your application will be put up for review to the manager(s), if positive - you will be invited for interviews where the goal for both sides is to figure out if there's a good foundation to work together. Our selection process includes an online talent exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The talent exploration enables both you and us to find out if there’s a match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.