BI Solution Architect
Other job categories
Other job categories
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories, Other job categories, Other job categories
ASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The selected candidate will be part of the ASML US IT Data Services team and be responsible for the Cymer Light Source information management strategy and roadmap, new capability/technology assessments and pilots, and day to day operations of specific solutions within the Cymer information management landscape.This is a hands-on solution architecture role also entails additional strategic responsibilities to define Cymer’s direction and influence ASML’s direction for information management, analytics, and Big Data for the US and globally.
- Creates and maintains information architecture and information management strategy that establishes a roadmap for future investment in business intelligence and analytics capabilities
- Collaborates with business clients, IT service owners, and business analysts to understand the implications of business information needs and drive updates to the information architecture and business analytics to maximize the RequisitionLocal of information across the organization
- Identifies, selects, implements, and supports the adoption of business and IT capabilities for managing and integrating structured and unstructured information across the enterprise
- Maintains a holistic view of information assets by creating and maintaining blueprints that illustrate how information is stored, processed, and accessed
- Act as an information liaison between various business units and IT departments to drive adoption and awareness of information management capabilities and investments
- Lead or contribute to projects, scrum teams, and provide guidance/training to IT and other staff
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree related to Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in information architecture and management or minimum 5-7 years of experience as data analyst, business intelligence analyst, or equivalent roles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to engage with diverse organizational levels (business and IT)
- Excellent customer management skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building and ability to drive proposal and influence direction
- Deep knowledge of enterprise Information Technology concepts and processes (i.e. ITIL, COBIT, etc.).
- Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills to effectively participate in project meetings, discussions and issue resolution.
- Must be highly skilled user of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio).
- Ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality of information and demonstrate ethical behavior.
- Expertise with diverse approaches, models, procedures, and solutions used to deliver the duties and responsibilities mentioned above, including:
·Demonstrated expertise with developing and driving realization of information architecture development, information policy formation, information taxonomy and modeling
·Demonstrated competence in business domain analysis, data warehousing (design and operations), and database design
·Demonstrated competence with benefits, design and management of structured and unstructured content and databases / repositories (SQL, NoSQL, HDFS/Hadoop distributions, etc.) and hands-on experience with specific products
·Demonstrated competence with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle DBMS, SAP Business Objects, and related tools is RequisitionLocald
·Working knowledge and understanding of benefits and positioning of data virtualization
·Working knowledge of data science, data mining, OLAP programming, database management and programming, business process modeling and analysis
·Working knowledge of mobile-enabled business analytics architecture and solutions
·Working knowledge of statistical computing and graphics programming languages (e.g. R, S-Plus, Python, etc.)
·Working knowledge of open source or commercial data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview, Spotfire, etc.)
·Working knowledge of cloud-based offerings and vendor differentiation related to analytics and information processing capabilities
·Demonstrated experience and interest in leading or managing small regional teams
Effective communication, analytical, strong presentation skills, problem solving, collaboration skills and team oriented
Context of the position
Assessment of business requirements, collection and identification of technical specifications and the subsequent development of technology solutions
To be completed