Accounts Payable / Financial Operational Analyst
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
ASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
ASML Finance team seeks an Accounts Payable / Financial Operational Analyst to support a full-cycle operational AP process. The AP / Financial Operational Analyst will work with the operational accounts payable team in processing incoming invoices, supporting workflow management and vendor communications.
The Account Payable / Financial Operational Analyst role is within the department of FA FC Operational Accounts Payable the ASML San Diego site. This function interacts with various internal departments (e.g. Treasury, Procurement, and Operations) and external parties (e.g. vendors) and ASML corporate finance in Veldhoven, Netherlands.
This position offers insight and broad exposure into all aspects of ASML US financial operations and cross functional / intra-department collaboration. This role includes:
- Manage vendor communications; maintain strong working relationships with ASML US vendors.
- Manage and maintain the critical vendor process.
- Monitor the highly automated Accounts Payable process of invoice entry through Scanning, Optical Character Recognition (OCR), E-invoicing and Invoice approval through the e-workflow
- Support the Accounts Payable accountants in their activities, e.g. email and workflow handling, processing of invoices.
- Available for international meetings as necessary.
- Analyzing the actual Accounts Payable process Key Performance Indicator (KPI) drivers versus target and develop process improvements.
- Implement process improvements to further streamline the Accounts Payable process and to meet Accounts Payable KPI’s.
- Travel Minimal.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Accounting, Economics / Finance / Business Administration.
- 0 - 3 years’ experience, preferable in an international environment as a financial or business analyst in Accounts Payable/ Vendor communication.
- Experience with ERP software in general and specific with SAP ECC.
- Strong communication-, organizational-, and structuring skills.
- Capable of co-working with internal and external people of all levels, domestic and abroad.
- Ability to build relationships with and influence other functional areas.
- Analytical, precise and knowledgeable of accounting information systems.
- Excellent Microsoft Office applications skills.
Effective communication, analytical, perseverance, problem solving, and team oriented
Context of the position
Invoice process management, auditing debit and credit accounts, vendor communication