13 days ago - req9031
Architect Vacuum Systems project
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Mechanical engineering
IntroductionYou combine a strong analytical and conceptual mind with a pragmatic attitude. You are able to work independently in a dynamic and complex environment, taking the lead and inspiring your colleagues in going the extra mile. You possess a resilient personality, with both feet on the ground, qualifying you as an individual not easy to overlook. You see the big picture without missing the important details and you have experience with managing complex deliverables. If you recognize yourself in the above, then we are looking for you! Join our enthusiastic and committed team in developing the vacuum solutions for our next generation of EUV scanners and bring ASML’s vacuum competence to the next level!
Job MissionASML’s Development & Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and integration of the ASML machines. In this sector, the Vacuum Architecture group specifies, designs and delivers vacuum & gas flow based EUV scanner solutions and controls to secure high and stable EUV transmission of the optical column while protecting the in-vacuum optics, reticles & wafers from molecular and particle contamination.
For the NXE 3400 Vacuum Systems project we are looking for an experienced Vacuum Architect to strengthen the project team.In this position you are responsible for the conceptualization, specification and functional integration ofthe EUV scanner vacuum architecture and/or its subsystems. You are the technical expert for an important part of ASML’s EUV scanner, interfacing with most of the scanner modules.
Job DescriptionThe Vacuum Architect is responsible for the translation of the overall system design into a gas flow & vacuum architecture that secures the requirements for sustained transmission over the scanner optics lifetime and suppression of molecular and particle contamination, throughout the optical column and beyond.
You create the budgets for flow & pressure, particle and molecular contamination. You define model and design validation tests on the scanner or on offline test setups and evaluate the measurement results to set the path forward and come up with new solutions that take us to the next level. Where needed, you will negotiate with other projects to optimize the specifications and work out X-project solutions to complex problems. Next to your experience in gas flows you also have good knowledge of vacuum systems and components that enables you to make the right design choices to achieve the challenging targets for cleanliness and machine availability. You make sure that the architecture or subsystem is working as intended during the specification phase, together with your team. Finally, with your expertise you contribute to the knowledge growth of our group, working together and coaching your team members. Main responsibilities:
- Understand the mechanism of low pressure gas & flow in contamination suppression and particle transport
- Be a critical partner to other projects to help them reach their targets where it comes to vacuum system aspects
- Secure expert coverage of vacuum and sub-atmospheric gas flow aspects in the design process
- Perform analyses and calculations to predict the functionality of the flow architecture or subsystems
- Create budgets on gas flow, (partial) pressure and out-gassing
- Where necessary increase group competence by literature research, experimental testing or cooperation with external research partners
- Negotiate, define, document and present the specifications of architecture or subsystem
- Translate these specifications into conceptual designs and act as counterpart and guidance during the design process
- Take care of the functional integration of the architecture or subsystem: prove, document and present its proper functioning with offline and machine tests
- Troubleshoot issues related to the flow architecture, subsystem or module
EducationTechnical Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, Chemical Engineering or a closely related field of study.
- Thorough knowledge of gas flow transport phenomena
- Solid theoretical and practical experience in vacuum systems and applications related to the field of vacuum and sub-atmospheric gas flows
- Profound knowledge of vacuum equipment, experience with vacuum system design
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills
- Able to perform in highly dynamic environment
- Ability to organize work effectively and having a systematic approach in problem solving
- Ability to provide technical direction, motivate and convince a team of professionals
- Pragmatic and result-oriented attitude
- Good communication skills and good command of the English language (both written and verbal)
ASML creates the conditions
that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art
facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career
opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment
of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers
information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career
ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there
is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.