30+ days ago - req9258
Legal Counsel Individual Labor Law
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
As Legal Counsel Individual Labor Lawyou will primarily be dealing with all (Dutch) Labor Law topics for all ASML companies in the Netherlands and provide labor law support to internal clients within Europe.
The Legal Counsel Individual Labor Law(Legal Counsel ILL) is a specialist in the field of individual labor law (including law governing dismissals) primarily for ASML companies located in the Netherlands, as well as Europe (mainly Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Italy and the United Kingdom). In this capacity he/she will be the first point of contact for internal clients on (individual) labor law related matters, mostly being employees of the HR&O department, management and the Legal department.
- Performs all common legal advisory tasks with respect to (individual) labor related issues. These tasks concern for example: labor law related contracts, non-competition clauses, ancillary activities, dismissals, official warnings, working time regulations, (long term) illness cases and underperformance issues.
- Is involved, as early as possible, in dismissal cases and assesses these cases on the legal aspects and legal substantiation, taking into account the interests of the stakeholders involved (HR&O, management, Legal dept., etc). May make use of external legal counsels as required.
- Reviews employee related internal policies regarding labor conditions in the broadest sense, providing recommendations for legal compliancy.
- Closely monitors developments in labor law and regulations that could impact ASML, also ensuring that relevant changes to such are communicated to the appropriate stakeholders and implemented into the organization.
- Provides training to internal stakeholders on important (individual) labor law issues.
- University degree in Dutch Law.
- An expert in the field of (individual) Dutch labor law (min. 3-5 years of experience);
- highly professional and reliable person;
- acts as a business partner being able to well balance legal quality with often practical and quickly needed solutions;
- result oriented with a strong ability to execute on required deliverables and drive results;
- pro-active approach to recognizing needs, solving problems, anticipating issues and developing solutions;
- outstanding social and communication skills;
- convincing, analytical and customer focused;
- quality focus, well organized with attention to detail;
- able to manage being the prime interface towards external labor law firms;
- excellent command of Dutch and English, spoken and in writing.
Context of the position
The Legal Counsel ILL NL will be part of the Corporate Legal Department of ASML (approx. 25 FTE) in Veldhoven. He/she will have a reporting line to the Senior Legal Counsel.
Interested in this position? Please apply with cv and cover letter.