30+ days ago - req9261
Application Engineer In-Device Metrology
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Research & Development
Would you like to work in a multidisciplinary team, working on cutting edge technology, providing innovative solutions to our customer’s challenges? YieldStar is ASML’s wafer metrology tool that delivers the highest performance!
As a D&E Application Engineer on YS In-Device Metrology (IDM) you will specify and design modules and components of solutions that fit into the plans of the business line Applications for generating after etch (dense) metrology maps.You define and specify requirements of new functional modules in the Yieldstar and the associated litho computing platform(s). You realize designs with the team for proposed solutions and prepare for testing and roll out of this functionality after implementation. In the position you are expected to travel to customers and operate on-site for a period of one or more weeks at the time as such securing a close link with the customer environment the solutions are targeted for.
- The function will have a mix of data collection (hands-on tool), data analysis/signal processing (needing programming in scripting language like Matlab), being able to understand the HW calibrations and optics.
- Functional design at engineer level driving both SW and HW based developments in a multidisciplinary agile development team.
- Generate and maintain scripts and tools for pioneering novel flows/algorithms and enabling efficient troubleshooting performance providing means to step through novel flows.
- Realize improvements (technically and usability) of wafer measurements using scatterometry (After Etch Inspection tool), this includes hardware, software and algorithm improvements of the scatterometry based metrology solutions. Manage to get the ultimate performance out of the newest platform
- Running feasibility studies from In-Device Metrology application perspective for requirement setting to and performance prediction of the next generation HW platform (note: in this function we don’t design the HW itself!)
- Data and performance analysis. This with an overview of the entire value chain towards the customer. This includes the analysis of issues interfering with the accuracy of the data.
Master or PhD in Engineering or Physics
2-5 years of work experience in a relevant work environment within the industry
- Result oriented attitude, we are looking for a person that can work with set deadlines
- Strong analytical skills but at the same time a pragmatic approach to come to workable solutions within a customer environment
- Strong communication skills in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
- Customer oriented attitude. Solving customer specific problems while keeping generic high volume solutions and maintainability in mind
- An outgoing person who can drive new developments
Context of the position
The Business line Applications provides integrated solutions with computational, metrology and control technology for extendibility and improved efficiency of lithography products. Within the Development & Engineering of the Business Line Applications, the Yieldstar Focus & In-Device Metrology (IDM) group is part of the On Product Performance department.
Yieldstar Focus & In-Device Metrology covers the area of physics and mathematics based functionality development required to extract relevant Focus and IDM metrics from the raw or pre-processed acquisitions of the Yieldstar metrology tools. The group is responsible for the design, integration and test of new measurement functions enabling the applications of the metrology tool. The group contributes in the area of reticle marker design and Application Reticle/Wafer qualification.
Travel requirements: this job requires you to travel to locations worldwide (~20% of time, typically customer visits of 1-2 weeks few times a year).
A motivation letter to apply to this position is required
Scatterometry, metrology, semiconductor application, lithography, In-Device Metrology, IDM, After Etch Inspection