D&E - YieldStar Mechanical Design Engineer - Linkou
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Research & Development
Within ASML the department ACE YieldStar Sustaining Engineering is responsible for engineering aspects of the YieldStar product line. This includes Development, Production, Installed base support, Supply Chain support, Repairs, System refurbishment support and customer specials. Precision Mechanics is concerned with high speed and precise moving parts in the ASML machines. The main focus is on cost effective execution and life cycle management. The department’s competences will cover the whole technical spectrum of the metrology equipment: control, dynamics, mechatronics, position measurement systems, imaging applications, overlay applications, focus applications, productivity, software, optics and illumination.
• Is able to translate (internal) customer requests into clear specifications in the mechanical domain
• Is able to translate specifications into mechanical designs by:
• Setup and maintaining mechanical design models
• Setup and maintaining mechanical budgets
• Proving the design meets specification by verifying by design with calculations / models / budgets and by testing
• Is able to coach junior mechanical designer to train them the craftsmanship of mechanical engineering
• Is able to communicate with engineers & architects from other disciplines (electrical, mechatronics, physics, optics)
• Is responsible for the technical product documentation using 3D modeling, BOM structures, archive in order to unambiguously explain the design to suppliers.
• Contribute to the YieldStar master plan by making a realistic work break down.
• Support YieldStar manufacturing and customer support organization with high end troubleshooting
• Optimizing quality of the precision mechanic aspects of the YieldStar modules.
• Is able to communicate with the experts in the Netherlands and sets up a routine for knowledge transfer and reviews.
University degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 3~5 years of experience in a similar role
• Experience in Quality & Efficiency improvement projects in both the production - and development environment are an advantage.
• Precision mechanical focus on technical systems
• Team player able to convince others with different cultural backgrounds.
• Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
• Professional communication.
• Self driven, pro-active, hands-on and get-it-done mentality based on technical arguments.
• Good knowledge of English.
During the knowledge transfer phase quite some alignment/ knowledge transfer with ASML Headquarters (Netherlands) is expected. Candidate must be able to spend 1-3 month period travelling back and forth between Taiwan and the Netherlands. High flexibility is a must.