30+ days ago - req9446
Manufacturing - Yieldstar Business Engineer - Linkou
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
The business Engineer will be responsible for design, development, test, and evaluation of new and existing manufacturing process including human work factors, material flow, cost analysis, process optimization and production operations. Collect and analyze data related within the manufacturing department. Lead and/or participate in productivity, quality and continuous improvement projects. Work with management to identify, develop and implement corrective action plans based on analysis, trend analysis and forecasting. The position will interface with various departments including central planning, logistics, supply chain engineering and quality.
Always maintain up-to-date information on current manufacturing WIP and output status. Ability to point out and predict bottlenecks throughout the MFG process.
Support MFG TL or managers while making decisions with persuasive data analysis. Develop management control systems to aid in financial planning and cost analysis and design production planning and control systems to coordinate activities and ensure product quality.
Apply lean manufacturing and Kaizen method for MFG operation improvement projects. Also be the data provider/validator to prove the effectiveness of improvement actions.
Design reporting format and provide routine report/KPI for MFG manager.
Ability to utilize SAP and other IT systems proficiently.
Know How/Knowledge transfer:
Transfer lean manufacturing/Industrial Engineering concept to MFG team members so that they can apply this to their daily work.
Communicate across departments in order to come up with most feasible solutions. Influence without power in both vertical and horizontal communications.
Be able to plan and prioritize the requests and needs. Contributes to the team by looking for solutions and concepts, by giving input and by executing department tasks.
College and above. Major in industrial engineering or related fields
3~5 years in industrial engineering related fields
- MBO level
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to change direction in response to work situations and accommodate diverse working styles
- Strong problem-solving and attention-to-details skills
- Ability to take initiative and maintain confidentiality
- Strong communicator in English. Able to adapt to multi-culture working environment.
- Strong skills in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Context of the position
* Output leader: assist line manager to achieve output goal and operational KPI. Act as a sounding board and sparring partner to the line managers.
* Logistics: Calculating the long-term resource need before loading master production plan
* Production Engineering: request root cause analysis for technical issues while writing monthly report
* Central Planning: provide capacity analysis for special request from central planning
* Operator: design reporting tools & format for operators during daily operations.