Senior Tax Manager, APAC
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Other job categories
ASML’s Corporate Tax Affairs team currently includes 30 tax professionalsresiding in the Netherlands based worldwide HQ (20), the Hong Kong basedregional HQ for Asia (7) and the US based regional HQ for US (3). ASMLCorporate Tax Department is responsible for ASML’s fiscal affairs in alljurisdictions ASML operates in. Tax compliancy is the responsibility of TaxSupport, which is reporting into the Finance Department and with a dotted lineinto the Tax Department. Like the Tax Department, Tax Support is regionallyorganized, with a Tax Support team located in the Veldhoven HQ office, the USregional HQ and in Korea for the Asian region.
Tax Department is accountable for the tax compliancy. For tax complianceso-called “Tax Control Frameworks” and related processes have been designed tomonitor and control correct and timely execution, whereas external taxconsultants are engaged for local tax technical and resources support. The flatASML organization and X-sector approach for addressing business challengesallows the Corporate Tax Affairs team to closely interact with the companyoperations, manage tax risks and provide for tax planning ideas according tothe global Tax Strategy.
The new Senior Manager Tax position (located in Hong Kong office) reports tothe Tax Director Corporate Tax Affairs APAC based in the Hong Kong office. Youwill manage the Korean Tax affairs and be involved in cross regional projectsfor Asian countries jointly with the tax professionals in the Asian CorporateTax Affairs team. The Senior Manager Tax APAC has internal interfaces with allASML departments and Senior Management and external interfaces with outsidecounsel and consultants, tax authorities in various jurisdictions and other(governmental) institutes.
This position will report to one of the Directors Corporate Tax Affairs APACand will be one of 9 tax specialists who are jointly responsible for APAC taxmatters. When being part of the Corporate Tax Affairs team, you’ll facedemanding challenges and enjoy the freedom to operate and do what is good forthe company.
- Support and execute the global tax strategy of the ASML group ofcompanies; Contribute and ensure adherence to the regional tax strategy,seamlessly connecting to the Global Tax Strategy for the ASML Group;
- Ensure the design, integration and maintaining of an effective andefficient intercompany pricing and intercompany financing structure, incompliance with all applicable tax laws and regulations;
- Provide efficient tax advice to senior management based on expectedfuture developments, including advice on cross border transactions andmergers and acquisitions;
- Participate in cross sector projects as representative of the APAC TaxTeam;
- Ensure the managing of various Korean tax projects and outsideconsultants;
- Advice on corporate income tax, withholding taxes and other taxes;
- Monitor and enhance the tax control framework for Korea;
- Review Korea tax compliance;
- Manage tax audits and tax exposures;
- Participate in the quarterly tax accounting process (US GAAP TaxProvision);
- Review group structure and investments in light of changing taxlegislations (e.g. BEPS) and derivative local legislation;
- Contribute to the knowledge database as a corporate memory andcommunication tool and establish a network of outside counsel andspecialists.
- Academic Tax (Law) degree and post-academic Tax Law Courses;
- Keen interest in developing and maintaining tax technical knowledge;
- Korea certified public tax accountant (KACPTA) or CPA (KICPA)member.
- 10+ years’ experience in international tax arena preferably as aninhouse tax counsel or within a big four environment or similarenvironment.
- Experience and/or strong involvement in corporate income taxcompliance, preferably in Korea, HK and other Asian jurisdictions would bea strong plus;
- Preferably experience in dealing with manufacturing/sales/distributioncompanies;
- More than average experience in transfer pricing analysis and relatedpractical business implementations.
- Experience with designing and implementation of (changes in) a newoperating model within a multinational company.
- Understanding of US GAAP tax accounting principles is a plus.
- Able to develop a vision and execute accordingly, able to weigh risksand benefits and act on these,
- Be a self-starter and ability work and function well in a team.
- Flexible, pro-active and communicative personality who is able to actas a professional business partner in a highly demanding and very busytechnology environment.
- Strong drive with a hands-on, structured, accurate and result orientedworking style.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly articulatetax matters to the interested lay person and ability to convince people.
- Able to build relationships and influence other functional areas.
- A strategic mindset while having the ability to translate strategyinto actionable objectives (short, medium and long-term).
- Team player with a flexible & pro-active attitude.
- Able to cope with a multicultural, dynamic and changing environment.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate complexbusiness issues into simple problem statements, clear processes and actions.
- Understanding of complex concepts and models, making the connectionbetween managerial reporting and tax or transfer pricing impact.
- Good time management skills and able to manage towards tight deadlines
- Show ownership of issues from start to finalization
Context of the position
To be completed
To be completed