30+ days ago - req9642
Senior Tax Manager, APAC
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Other job categories
ASML’s Corporate Tax Affairs team currently includes 30 tax professionals residing in the Netherlands based worldwide HQ (20), the Hong Kong based regional HQ for Asia (7) and the US based regional HQ for US (3). ASML Corporate Tax Department is responsible for ASML’s fiscal affairs in all jurisdictions ASML operates in. Tax compliancy is the responsibility of Tax Support, which is reporting into the Finance Department and with a dotted line into the Tax Department. Like the Tax Department, Tax Support is regionally organized, with a Tax Support team located in the Veldhoven HQ office, the US regional HQ and in Korea for the Asian region.
Tax Department is accountable for the tax compliancy. For tax compliance so-called “Tax Control Frameworks” and related processes have been designed to monitor and control correct and timely execution, whereas external tax consultants are engaged for local tax technical and resources support. The flat ASML organization and X-sector approach for addressing business challenges allows the Corporate Tax Affairs team to closely interact with the company operations, manage tax risks and provide for tax planning ideas according to the global Tax Strategy.
The new Senior Manager Tax position (located in Hong Kong office) reports to the Tax Director Corporate Tax Affairs APAC based in the Hong Kong office. You will manage the Korean Tax affairs and be involved in cross regional projects for Asian countries jointly with the tax professionals in the Asian Corporate Tax Affairs team. The Senior Manager Tax APAC has internal interfaces with all ASML departments and Senior Management and external interfaces with outside counsel and consultants, tax authorities in various jurisdictions and other (governmental) institutes.
This position will report to one of the Directors Corporate Tax Affairs APAC and will be one of 9 tax specialists who are jointly responsible for APAC tax matters. When being part of the Corporate Tax Affairs team, you’ll face demanding challenges and enjoy the freedom to operate and do what is good for the company.
- Support and execute the global tax strategy of the ASML group ofcompanies; Contribute and ensure adherence to the regional tax strategy,seamlessly connecting to the Global Tax Strategy for the ASML Group;
- Ensure the design, integration and maintaining of an effective andefficient intercompany pricing and intercompany financing structure, incompliance with all applicable tax laws and regulations;
- Provide efficient tax advice to senior management based on expectedfuture developments, including advice on cross border transactions andmergers and acquisitions;
- Participate in cross sector projects as representative of the APAC TaxTeam;
- Ensure the managing of various Korean tax projects and outsideconsultants;
- Advice on corporate income tax, withholding taxes and other taxes;
- Monitor and enhance the tax control framework for Korea;
- Review Korea tax compliance;
- Manage tax audits and tax exposures;
- Participate in the quarterly tax accounting process (US GAAP TaxProvision);
- Review group structure and investments in light of changing taxlegislations (e.g. BEPS) and derivative local legislation;
- Contribute to the knowledge database as a corporate memory andcommunication tool and establish a network of outside counsel andspecialists.
- Academic Tax (Law) degree and post-academic Tax Law Courses;
- Keen interest in developing and maintaining tax technical knowledge;
- Korea certified public tax accountant (KACPTA) or CPA (KICPA)member.
- 10+ years’ experience in international tax arena preferably as aninhouse tax counsel or within a big four environment or similarenvironment.
- Experience and/or strong involvement in corporate income taxcompliance, preferably in Korea, HK and other Asian jurisdictions would bea strong plus;
- Preferably experience in dealing with manufacturing/sales/distributioncompanies;
- More than average experience in transfer pricing analysis and relatedpractical business implementations.
- Experience with designing and implementation of (changes in) a newoperating model within a multinational company.
- Understanding of US GAAP tax accounting principles is a plus.
- Able to develop a vision and execute accordingly, able to weigh risksand benefits and act on these,
- Be a self-starter and ability work and function well in a team.
- Flexible, pro-active and communicative personality who is able to actas a professional business partner in a highly demanding and very busytechnology environment.
- Strong drive with a hands-on, structured, accurate and result orientedworking style.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly articulatetax matters to the interested lay person and ability to convince people.
- Able to build relationships and influence other functional areas.
- A strategic mindset while having the ability to translate strategyinto actionable objectives (short, medium and long-term).
- Team player with a flexible & pro-active attitude.
- Able to cope with a multicultural, dynamic and changing environment.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate complexbusiness issues into simple problem statements, clear processes and actions.
- Understanding of complex concepts and models, making the connectionbetween managerial reporting and tax or transfer pricing impact.
- Good time management skills and able to manage towards tight deadlines
- Show ownership of issues from start to finalization
Context of the position
To be completed
To be completed