24 days ago - req9711
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Other technical job categories, Other technical job categories
ASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
EUV Lithography is at the beginning of a manufacturing ramp to support introduction into High Volume Semiconductor Manufacturing processes. Key modules that are critical to the lithography system’s success are being designed for an industrialized system and are nearing launch into production. ASML and Cymer are looking for talented and motivated individuals to come design the manufacturing process by building into new product design requirements and design decisions that enable assembly and testing with volume production ready principals.
This role is within the Manufacturing Engineering organization.The Manufacturing Engineer in EUV designs develops implements and maintains methods, operational sequence and processes in the manufacture, fabrication, testing and troubleshooting of parts, components, sub-assemblies, final assemblies and systems. He or she interfaces with the design engineering team in coordinating the release of new products by engaging early in the design process to integrate Design for Manufacturing requirements.
- Evaluates prototype and manufacturing practices to develop optimized process flows to ensure repeatability and quality
- Partners with design engineering during prototype, piloting, final product and tooling design reviews to ensure manufacturability, quality, and reliability
- Writes requirements documents and serves as advocate in design process for Design for Assembly/Design for Manufacturability principals
- Responsible for introduction of new product into Proto Manufacturing phase and transition to System Integration
- Responsible for introduction of new product into Pilot Manufacturing phase and transition to sustaining engineering
- Leads and/or participates as a member of cross-functional and cross-site teams.
- Drives and tracks project progress and updates database to meet defined schedule
- Collects issues identified by proto engineers & technicians to define improvement areas. Utilizes structured problem solving for root cause analysis, corrective actions, and solution implementation
- Participate in design and process FMEA
- Transfer knowledge to volume factory responsible for executing builds and qualification
- Validates build/test sequence and material allocations.
- Write and validate assembly and test processes and procedures to be used in manufacturing.
- Evaluates and analyzes data acquired during tests. Makes recommendations for process or design modifications based on analysis.
- Performs failure analysis, uses data for product industrialization changes
- Serves as a mentor to less experienced team members on root cause analysis and problem solving methodologies and statistical analysis/process control
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, in Industrial, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering or relevant science or engineering discipline required.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience required in Process Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering ideal. A background in System Integration preferred.
- Advanced experience using one or more of the following software packages: Excel, Word, MS Project.
- Ability to analyze and translate data to effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities without jeopardizing project schedule
- Data driven decision maker, good negotiation skills, positive attitude
- Able to read technical drawings and interpret specifications.
- Able to define Bill of Material structure in support of build sequence.
- Able to define Bill of Processes structure in support of build/test sequence.
- Experience working with MRP system, SAP preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to present clearly to all levels of the company – from technicians to executive management
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship and network building.
- Partner with peer organizations as member of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Must be comfortable with a rapidly changing work environment.
- 10% Travel may be required
- Working knowledge of cloud-based offerings and vendor differentiation related to analytics and information processing capabilities