30+ days ago - req981
Configuration Change Manager
Research & development
Supply Chain Management
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development, Supply Chain Management
Other technical job categories, Mechanical engineering, Physics
Fast market introduction of ASML’s newest technologies requires state of the art teamwork by all disciplines.
Smooth implementation of new and changed hardware, introduced on a daily basis, is crucial for the business. This requires an effective process, coordinating the change requests through the product life cycle and securing the efficiency and profitability of ASML’s business. A ‘configuration change process’ is currently being rolled out in phases, thereby also changing aspects of the ASML organization. Do you want to take a role in this? Do you visualize yourself as the light in our change machine? Then this could be your next job!
As a Configuration Change Manager your mission is:
• To enable efficient decision making based on high quality change requests.
• To embed the configuration change process in the ASML organization.
• To ensure that the business is protected against uncontrolled changes.
ASML’s technologies require multidisciplinary engineering. Cross-sector teams create change requests based on improvement ideas, problem reports and customer requests. These teams need optimal guidance and coordination. Your job is to steer for a complete impact analysis and business case for each change request. The analysis and business case should cover aspects from engineering, supply chain, ASML factory and customer service. The configuration changes also include implementation strategies through the product life cycle. You will support a multidisciplinary, cross-sector team to create this. Furthermore, you will chair a “change board” meeting with cross-sector representatives, where the prepared change requests are to be discussed and accepted before the work planning will be started. Your tasks will be:
• To manage the quality of the impact analysis and business case for change requests.
• To manage on realistic implementation strategies.
• To organize and chair the Change Board meeting, managing multiple stakeholders.
• To manage on clear decision making and decision recording.
• To steer for an optimal and agreed balance between cost, time and quality of changes.
• To manage on a minimal processing time of any change request, while balancing quality.
• To coordinate and coach the members of the change board on the ASML configuration change process and how this process is evolving.
• To monitor the implementation of changes.
• To contribute to the implementation and development of configuration management (CM) including supporting the professionalization of the team of change managers.
• To provide input on CM set-up (baselines, product plan) in an early stage of the ASML Product Generation Process (PGP).
Bachelor degree or MSc degree.
Experience• 5 – 10 yrs work experience (mid-career), of which 2 – 5 yrs experience in new product introductions preferably in high-tech, low-volume environments.
• Experience in organizational change management.
• Experience in a role combining analytical and conceptual skills with business sense; ability to compile a business case while dealing with many uncertainties.
• Experience in operations; ability to foresee impact of changes.
• Configuration Management certification (CMII module 1-4) is preferred.
Personal skills• Natural leader, outgoing, easy to be approached.
• Emphatic, can build a coalition.
• Focus on structure, prioritization and decisiveness, remains persistent until the goal has been reached.
• Demonstrate effective, constructive cooperation, gives feedback and can highlight the learnings.
• Can make a work breakdown, paving a path to a longer term goal.
• Analytical and creative skills.
Context of the position
The configuration change managers are positioned in the CM Organization governed by the CM Board, with executives across the sectors (Development & Engineering and Operations). You will work together with CM experts, trainers and change board members (including PDM, financial controller, marketing, supply chain, sourcing, factory representative, etc.).