20 days ago - req9862
Domain Architect Big Data & Analytics
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
ASML produces some of the most technically advanced equipment in the world, producing terabytes of data. This data is vital in analysing and improving the performance of our products and processes. The volume and complexity requires a solid IT foundation to enable business in processing and analysing this data; turning it into information that will support advancing our products.
The Portfolio & Architecture department within IT (P&A) is responsible for providing innovative architectures and roadmaps to support the complex business processes of ASML. BI, Big Data and advanced analytics are consideredkey cornerstones for the future of ASML and therefore ensuring the proper solutions are in place is vital.
As a Domain Architect, you will act as the primary architect for ASML’s Business Intelligence and Big Data initiatives and determine target and transitional architectures for programs and value stream as well as establish long term roadmaps. You will drive innovation and use of industry best practices within your domain.
You will be the main contact point within your domain withkey stakeholders in the ASML sectors across the globe to discuss and design solutions that will enable realization of strategic objectives. You will manage technical dependencies between solutions and ensure alignment with other domain architects and the IT MT.
The candidate we are looking for will be conducting the following activities:
- Acts as a subject matter expert for related Big Data and Analytics (BDA) activities (e.g. Hadoop, SAP HANA Enterprise platform)
- Works proactively with the other domain architects and takes charge over the solution architects and with the BDA developers to ensure accurate delivery of new or changed BDA applications according to guidelines and best practices.
- With regards to BDA you are acting in between business departments , the IT organization and the external consultants and outsourcing partners.
- Assesses, changes and refines requirements for BDA related information needs, thereby continuously striving to increase the effectiveness of BDA solutions and ensuring they are properly aligned with the company’s strategic direction and the BDA strategy.
- Responsible for continuous alignment with the respective ERP systems, the enterprise data warehouse and other reporting departments or applications with regards to BDA
- Partners with Business and IT groups to design and implement data and information solutions that meet or exceed organizational initiatives and are consistent with enterprise architectural standards.
- Ensures compliance with all architecture directions and standards through cross organization consulting and direct involvement in development efforts.
- Communicate with Business stakeholders and users to understand critical business needs.
- Architect solutions that take the firm from a manual and spreadsheet driven business to a rigorous and automated business.
- Recommend, develop, and implement technology plans enabling solutions.
- Provide direction to consultants and contract staff as needed.
- Define key business drivers for the ASML Big Data initiatives.
Bachelorsor master's degree in Information Technology or Business Administration orequivalent
-10+ years’experience working in Information Technology of which 7+ years working asan Architect in Information Management, Data Warehousing, BusinessIntelligence and Analytics.
- Understandsand has hands-on experience with the BDA platforms, their functionalityand concepts, including limitations and strengths.
- Experiencein implementing information requirements in BDA solutions.
- Commonunderstanding of SAP ECC and Enterprise Data Warehouse concepts.
- Ability todocument business information requirements and translate these into systemrequirements, and to drive the development of business cases forrespective BDA applications and solutions.
- Solidunderstanding of the field of data modeling, data discovery and dataprofiling/analysis with good understanding of large enterprise datawarehouses.
- Businessintelligence and technical skills to successfully deliver BI solutionsincluding data profiling knowledge and experience in developing BIroadmap, BI strategy, and data quality assessment.
- DataLoading and Transformations using ETL technologies.
- Translatinginformation requirements into designs of physical and logical data models.
- Projectlife cycle activities on development and maintenance projects.
- Working ina Global delivery environment.
- DataAnalytics and Exploration.
Experience with the following is considered a pré:
- Hadoop(Big Insights)
- HDFS,Hbase, Hive, Pig
- Strongclient-orientation and commitment to excellence.
- Pro-activepersonality who can deal with resistance.
- Ademonstrated ability to perform in high-pressure environment.
- Well-developedconsultancy skills with a strong go-getter mentality.
- Motivatedand enthusiastic team player.
- Flexibility,adapt to company culture and individual’s behavior.
- Excellentanalytical skills.
- Excellentcommunication skills.
- Ability tocreate and maintain a large trusted network on all levels of theorganization.
- Fluent inEnglish language (Dutch is a pré).
- Ademonstrated maneuverability within complex matrix organizations.
Context of the position
The BDA Domain Architect is part of the Portfolio and Architecture team and works together closely with the Big Data and Analytics Competence Center. He/she reports to the Portfolio & Architecture manager and has internal interfaces with the BDA Solution Architects, Business Information Analysts, BDA developers and members of the Business Intelligence support organization, Business Process Analysts (BPA), business stakeholders and key users.