7 days ago - req9914
Mechanical Design Engineer (Wafer Positioning)
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Research & Development
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical expertise? To be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation and multiple engineering discipline? If so, then the job of Mechanical Designer in Precision Engineering at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development (MDEV) is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. The group SCN E Wafer Pos VolSys & Rema is responsible for the mechanical design and engineering of critical mechatronic stages in EUV environment.
As a Mechanical Designer you are responsible for technology and conceptual development and application of design principles and patterns of precision engineering to meet system specifications, and operational requirements.
- Specifies and designs the modules and/or functionality to realize the required performance.
- Uses state of the art design methods and construction principles to ensure adequate designs that can be realized from a technical and supply chain perspective.
- Drives the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of tests and the design and realization of test equipment.
- Ensures that prototypes are built and tests are carried out.
- Delivers the technical product documentation that is needed to release the design for volume production.
Master or Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a closely related field of study.
- You have preferable 2 years of experience and understanding of (high-) precision mechanics and mechanical design principles;
- You have experience working in a demanding, complex technical multi-disciplinary environment;
- Experience in 3D CAD is required, NX experience is preferred.
- You have a strong drive to bring innovative ideas to the table, challenge ideas, discuss ideas and improve ideas;
- You are proactive in communicating; converting cross sectoral interests into agreed solutions for all stakeholders;
- You thrive in an international multicultural setting;
- You are business fluent in English.
- Contribution to the development of a state-of-the-art, high-tech measurement system.
- Challenge to meet performance specifications, quality aspects, time considerations and cost.
- Come in touch with every engineering process step.
- Dynamic environment.
- Work together in multidisciplinary teams.
- International opportunities.
- Individual performance & talent management.
Working at ASML
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. What’s it like working at ASML? Find out more on our YouTube page and our Working at ASML website.
If you're motivated to apply for this position - please include a recent and complete CV, cover letter, and if possible, your (design) portfolio when applying. After applying - Recruitment makes a first assessment of your suitability for the job, if positive - your application will be put up for review to the manager(s), if positive - you will be invited for interviews where the goal for both sides is to figure out if there's a good foundation to work together. Our selection process includes an online talent exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The talent exploration enables both you and us to find out if there’s a match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.