Design Engineer (Mechanical Layout)
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Research & Development
Are you eager to get mechanical issues solved? Are you dreaming to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation? If so, then a job of Designer in the Mechanical Development sector at ASML could be the perfect match.
As a Designer in the Mechanical Development sector you are responsible for the development and application of mechanical designs to meet system specifications and operational requirements.
- Specifies and designs the modules and/or functionality to realize the required performance.
- Uses state of the art design methods and construction principles to ensure adequate designs that can be realized from a technical and supply chain perspective.
- Drives the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of tests and the design and realization of test equipment.
- Ensures that prototypes are built and tests are carried out.
- Delivers the technical product documentation that is needed to release the design for volume production.
Technical University Master or Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering
- Preferred 5 years of experience in a development and engineering organization with the realization of supporting structures and service mechanisms.
- Knowledge of machine directives.
- Excellent knowledge in the field manufacturability of mechanical parts and of designing on stiffness, temperature, cost, etc….
- 3D CAD modeling (preferable UG/NX).
- Experience with FEM and analytic tools, like NX structure, ANSYS, Matlab, Mathcad
- Must have before candidates will start: knowledge of NX, construction principles and geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
- Critical on results
- Creative thinking capability
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of English and preferably Dutch language
Context of the position
Within ASML the Development & Engineering (D&E) organization is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The sector Mechanical Development (MD) is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. As a part of the department EUV scanner the group Mechanical Layout Volume Systems is responsible for engineering of main frame constructions, service mechanisms, system enclosures and system to fab interfaces.
Position in the Organization
The designer reports to the group leader of the group Mechanical Layout Volume Systems and is operational within (multidisciplinary) projects.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. What’s it like working at ASML? Find out more on our YouTube page and our Working at ASML website.
Working at ASML : https://www.workingatasml.com/
If you're motivated to apply for this position - please include a recent and complete CV, cover letter, and if possible, your (design) portfolio when applying. After applying - Recruitment makes a first assessment of your suitability for the job, if positive - your application will be put up for review to the manager(s), if positive - you will be invited for interviews where the goal for both sides is to figure out if there's a good foundation to work together. Our selection process includes an online talent exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, personal RequisitionLocals, motivators and career ambitions. The talent exploration enables both you and us to find out if there’s a match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.