Interns and Trainees
Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Data Science, Other technical backgrounds
Each year, there will be several best first-year master’s degree students in science, engineering and business are selected to receive the ASML Elite Scholarship in Taiwan. The ASML Elite Scholarship is open to the students with creative minds, a love of challenges, and a thirst for personal and professional development. In all teams we cooperate with internal and external experts from different knowledge domains to discover and build the best solutions possible.
What’s in it for you? The ASML Elite Scholarship will provide each awarded student with:
- Financial support of 1st reward, NT$100,000 during first internship (July to September) and 2nd reward, NT$100,000 if extend another 3 months internship (October to December), and 3rd reward, NT$100,000 sign-on bonus upon convert to permanent employee within two years at ASML Taiwan.
- A personal ASML mentor: an ASML expert who shares his/her technical knowledge and personal experiences with you, who introduces you to ASML activities and specialists and who guides you in your personal development.
- Online English courses.
- A summer internship at ASML (mandatory, 12 weeks)
Detailed internship contents will depend on the assignment from selected sectors based on the actual need, in general, this position has three key areas of responsibilities:
1. Work closely with business line via each sector initiative and execution
- Manage internal and external task in coordination with other departments and/or organizations
- Assist with the preparation of executive reports by collecting information and materials, analyzing data, summarizing the insight
2. Partner with business line to proceed organizational plan
- Work closely with management and team to improve work process and provide assistance if needed
- Collaborate and/or support deployment of global and regional roadmap initiatives
3. Data analyst
- Designing, creating and maintaining databases and data systems
- Support development work for software applications of the semiconductor equipment.
- Assure quality on software deliverables (design, code, test, document, etc.) throughout the software lifecycle.
Role and responsibilities
We ask all scholarship students to be an ASML campus ambassador within their scholarship period. To share your enthusiasm about technology and science by participating in our campus events, creating social posts via different social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, or supporting our CSR projects in science education. Summer Internship at ASML is also mandatory.
Do you fit?
You are a student who studies in Taiwan and has (nearly) completed your bachelor's degree and intends to pursue a master’s degree in a science and technology or business management field at a university anywhere in the world. We’re looking for students whose undergraduate performance meets at least one of the following criteria:
- GPA 3.7/4.0
- GPA 4.0/4.3
- 85 average grade score
- Ranking within 15% in the department
- Excellence in Mandarin and English
In addition, you currently study:
Science and engineering
- Aerospace engineering
- Computer science or software/information engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Industrial engineering
- Materials science
- (Applied) Mathematics
- Mechanical engineering
- Nanotechnology, nanoscience or nanomaterials
- (Applied) Physics
Supply Chain Management
- Business management (or related to technology management)
Elite Scholarship application process
Apply Applications open in ASML career site every year. You’ll need to complete the online application and submit required materials (including a resume, transcript and study plan). After application, you will receive the video interview link if you fit the criteria. First selection round We make selections based on academic performance, extracurricular activities, and your video interview. We’ll let you know by email if you’re selected to proceed to the second round. Selection days In this second round, you will participate in the Master Class and have an onsite interview with the selection board at the Hsinchu or Tainan office in early of next year. Scholarship offer We’ll let you know by email or phone if you’ve been selected to receive the ASML Elite Scholarship before April, 2024.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Upload CV / other information
Please attach your resume in both Traditional Chinese & English
Please attach other information relevant to your application, including *1. Academic transcripts *2. Study plan *3. Copy of Taiwan ID card (Copy of passport if you’re an international student) *4. Professor recommendation letter with professor’s signature *5. Extracurricular activities (if any)
- May I apply for the Elite Scholarship in advance, such as during my bachelor’s degree?
Yes, the scholarship program is open to new master’s degree students, including students who started their program earlier the same year.
- May I apply for the Elite Scholarship program if I am not a Taiwanese student?
Yes, the scholarship program is open to all the students who study in Taiwan’s universities. You have to provide enrolled certification as well.
- Video interview
After completing application, the first selection stage is an online, pre-recorded interview. If you are selected, you will be invited to record your answers to a few pre-determined questions via the tool HireVue.
- Is the summer internship mandatory?
Yes, you must complete the summer internship. You will also be assigned as a ASML campus ambassador to support campus recruitment activities. Summer Internship will need your fully commit to 8 weeks from July till August; one year internship is also welcome.
Do you have questions? For questions about the scholarships, please refer to our FAQ below. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org