You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips).
ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communications and information technology products.
With every generation, the complexity of producing integrated circuits with more functionality increases. Semiconductor manufacturers need partners that provide technology and complete process solutions. ASML is committed to providing customers with leading edge technology that is production-ready at the earliest possible date. ASML technology is supported by process solutions, enabling
customers to gain and sustain a competitive edge in the marketplace.
ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California, Taiwan and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, Taiwan and the United States. Overall, ASML has more than 80 locations in 16 countries.
This position is for the San Diego location.
The Assembler performs a wide variety of electronic, electro-mechanical, or opto-mechanical assembly operations on systems, assemblies or sub-assemblies. Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units. Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to work instructions.
*This is likely for 2nd shift*
Role and responsibilities
- Builds and validates precision electrical-optical-mechanical assemblies in strict accordance with procedure.
- Uses standardized tools and electric equipment (i.e., torque wrenches, electric and pneumatic screwdrivers and ball drivers) to perform mechanical assembly on opto-mechanical assemblies.
- Enters data into company databases.
- Executes simple standardized process inspections/tests throughout the production process.
- Interfaces with engineers to support special builds, and experiments with detailed instructions.
- Collaborates with peers and/or supervisors to resolve problems depending on the level and complexity.
- Uses cleaning cloths with Acetone, Methanol, and Isopropyl alcohol to wipe surfaces prior to shipping product.
- Operates precision cleaning machinery.
- Prepares completed assemblies for shipment.
- Recommends procedural improvements to management.
- Follows control measures and processes to ensure the quality of modules produced.
- Identifies and documents discrepant material.
- Uses cleaning cloths with acetone, methanol, and isopropyl alcohol to wipe surfaces prior to shipping product.
- Maintains a clean work area and is responsible for designated tools (routine maintenance and calibration).
- Trains others on areas of processes and troubleshooting when required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Requires a minimum of four (4) years of precision assembly experience.
- Experience working with precision optical components is desirable.
- ESD experience is desirable.
- Experience in using electronic/pneumatic tools preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Able to use electric and/ or pneumatic tools.
- Must be able to follow written assembly procedures and bill of materials (BOM).
- Experience with electro-optical and/or opto-mechanical systems as well as environmental testing is desired.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to perform in-process quality inspections of components and/or full assemblies within the Manufacturing area(s).
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and 5S principles preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires general computer skills and knowledge.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
- Must wear assigned Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for duration of shift in a cleanroom environment.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
TheCalifornia base annual salary/hourly range for this role is currently $18.03- $30.05. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment withmarket data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and anassessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate,including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education andexperience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative toother team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonusprogram, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.