You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Configuration Change Lead
Research & development
Other job categories
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Other job categories, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Fast market introduction of ASML’s newest technologies requires a high level of product integrity throughout their lifecycle. New hardware and changes on hardware are requested on daily basis for our products. A smooth implementation of these changes is crucial for our business. It is your responsibility to deliver solid product changes with a multidisciplinary team and at the same time embed (hands on) our new change process in the organization.
As a Configuration Change Lead working in HMI Configuration Management team, your mission is:
• To enable efficient decision making based on high quality change requests.
• To embed the configuration change process in HMI organization.
• To ensure that the business is protected against uncontrolled changes.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- ASML’s technologies require multidisciplinary engineering. Cross-sector teams create change requests based on improvement ideas, problem reports and customer requests. These teams need optimal guidance and coordination. Your job is to steer for a complete impact analysis and business case for each change request. The analysis and business case should cover aspects from engineering, supply chain, ASML factory and customer service. The configuration changes also include implementation strategies through the product life cycle. You will support a multidisciplinary, cross-sector team to create this.
- Furthermore, you will chair a “change board” meeting with cross-sector representatives, where the prepared change requests are to be discussed and accepted before the work planning will be started.
- Ensure project alignment on configuration process and way-of-working cohesion, alignment and collaboration with change dependencies is required.
- Good stakeholder relationships and network-building is essential due to the cross-sector collaboration, including global counterparts at other ASML offices.
- Direct, develop, and coach project stakeholders to meet project and product deliverables with high-quality and on-time predictability.
- To prepare Change Request with Project team
- To organize and chair cross sector project change control board for impact analysis, planning and disposition of changes
- To prepare meeting agenda and chair the Change Board meeting, managing multiple stakeholders
- Recognize and advise on scope of change requests (scope control, new or update change)
- To manage on clear decision making and decision recording
- To manage on a minimal processing time of any change request, while balancing quality
- Monitor and control the implementation of approved changes
- To coordinate and coach the members of the change board on configuration change process and how this process is evolving
- Safeguard the Configuration Management policy in daily execution and contribute to continuous improvement
- Other duties as required such as Master data registration, support engineers to upload Data/ Technical Product Document to PLM and ERP system
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in industrial / Logistics / Engineering or Technical Business administration.
- 3-7yrs work experience in new product introductions, preferably in semiconductor equipment industry, high-tech environment
- Requires combination of Configuration Management and project management skills
- Experience in organizational change management process, familiar with Product Lifecycle Management and Product Data management
- Experience in operations; ability to foresee impact of change (e.g. logistics, operation, customer support)
- Proven analytical and conceptual skills combined with business sense
- Proven experience in managing multiple changes, configurations and their dependencies
- Configuration Management certification is preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and share point; direct experience with Arena, Oracle, Teamcenter and SAP is a plus
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Natural leader, outgoing, easy to be approached.
Focus on structure, prioritization and decisiveness, remains persistent until the goal has been reached.
- Motivational, energetic, pro-active attitude and drive for improvement.
Strong communication and good presentation skills.
- Analytical and creative skills.
- Eager to learn and able to self-reflect
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position is available within HMI Configuration Management department. You will work on different levels in the organization, with project leaders, cross sector stakeholders (Development & Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing, Customer Services departments and Program) to perform configuration management to achieve the perfect configurations throughout the organization of HMI.
The California base annual salary / hourly range for this role is currently $69,375 - $115,625. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.