You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Do you want to help us unlock the potential of people and society by pushing technology to new limits? Do you have the communication and leadership skills to make a difference to the efficiency and profitability of ASML by improving and executing Configuration Management processes and methods?
Since the start of 2017 a Configuration Management organization is in place within ASML. The Configuration Management department manages global configuration information, enabling ASML to achieve excellent delivery performance at minimum cost. This is done in cross sectoral teams within Development & Engineering, Sourcing and Supply Chain, Factory and Field.
Job Purpose and Impact
A Configuration Manager’s mission is to plan, secure and validate product configuration delivery. They own and manage a portfolio of changes for product configurations and secure cross-sectoral decision making by product teams. Configuration Managers organize and maintain relationships with stakeholders across different disciplines to meet their business needs to achieve product integrity. He/she uses Configuration Management craftmanship and techniques that make a clear and positive impact on business performance. This requires leading by example on configuration management policies in a complex business environment. Configuration Managers know the most effective and efficient processes for configuration management to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
The Configuration Manager role is positioned in the Configuration Management department and supports ASML’s end-goal of knowing what is inside our products at every moment in the product life-cycle, and therefore contributes tostrengthening customer trust. Configuration Managers drive and secure delivery of configurations by guiding a team of Change Leads and Configuration Leads that deliver hardware changes to the applicable products. Their main interfaces are within senior (product) management team with cross-sector representatives from Development & Engineering, Sourcing & Supply Chain, Factory, Customer Support, System Engineering, System Integration, BoM Management Project Leads.
Role and responsibilities
Configuration Managers own and drive configurations following the product roadmap, whereby they:
- Drive delivery and completeness of business critical changes in line with product readiness and Key Decision milestones.
- Lead a governance to enable decision making on complex changes, and report on product integrity.
- Define and follow-up on configuration definition with business stakeholders.
- Use Portfolio Management to drive delivery of defined configurations including report out on actual machine configurations.
- Lead in embedding improvements on configuration management in daily operation.
- Coach others to improve quality in processes, changes and configurations.
- Act as point of contact towards Business Lines for all Configuration Management topics.
- Lead by example on change and risk management in the entire product life cycle.
The following competencies are important for Configuration Managers to apply in their role:
- Consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances.
- Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Apply knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
- Make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Maneuver comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Step up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
- Effectively build formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.Operate effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
Education and experience
- A Master’s degree with 10 years working experience in change and/or configuration management, or equivalent work experience in a sustaining and new product introduction environment.
- Thorough understanding of the delivery process of products and production modules.
- Knowledge of Configuration management principles with proven experience in managing change towards baselined system configurations.
- Business understanding of configuration management impact on suppliers, factories and customers.
- Leadership and organization skills to understand and follow-up on customer and business needs.Experience in managing a variety and complexity of deliveries in products, programs and projects.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Able to see the bigger picture.
- Have a track record of exceeding goals successfully.
- Establish clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results.
- Use knowledge of business drivers and how strategies and tactics play out in the market to guide actions.
- Uncover root causes to difficult problems.
- Be sensitive to how people and organizations function.
- Face difficult issues and supports others who do the same.
- Maintain relationships across a variety of functions and locations.
- Deal constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes.
- Show personal commitment and takes action to continuously improve self-development.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Are you interested? Apply right now within Configuration at ASML!
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions