You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
CS - Field Application Engineer - Linkou
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
An application engineer plays an unique role as technology enabler to support our customer continuously development in lithography of semiconductor industry
Role and responsibilities
Application engineer supports ASML product in 3 phases:
- Business development: translate customer requirement into potential business development
- New product introduction: new platform insertion in customer R&D / Pilot Fab
- High volume manufacturing: sustain installed base machines for on product performance issues
• Help new product business development include bridging D&E idea and customer requirement/demand.
• Familiar with semiconductor litho-process, optical & metrology mechanism, able to do on product troubleshooting under time pressure
• Able to understand customer’s needs and clearly describe the issues that customer is facing to internal stakeholders
• Act as the owner of customer requests and follow through. (customer interfacing, data collection, 1st hand analysis, etc)
• Escalate/Communicate the issues to ASML experts in headquarter when needed without losing the ownership. Drive for progress and containment/solution
• Able work and coordinate across departments to ensure smooth troubleshooting process
• Able to present and report clearly during internal and external meetings.
Education and experience
Master of Optical/Physical engineering, Material/Chemical science, Mechanical engineering
3 - 5 years in semiconductor industry, optical engineering
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
•Excellent English presentation and communication skills to interface internal (business development managers, project leaders, management) and external customers (mainly execution and mid to high management level).
•Troubleshooting skill, basic project management
•Basic programming skill (Matlab/Python) will be plus
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position is based in Linkou, working together with leading edge semiconductor customers. To fulfill customer’s needs, Application engineer always looking for potential improvement beyond current machine spec with supporting from different department (D&E/marketing/equipment engineering). Application engineer is creating value by integration of multiple professional area.
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive package in local markets where ASML is active.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.