You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Customer Support Engineer - based in Qiryat Gat, Israel
In a nutshell
Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics
Introduction to the job
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have multiple office locations around the world.
For our Customer Support (CS) operationswe are looking for a Customer Service Engineer, based in our Qiryat Gat office in Israel.
The Customer Support Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair, maintenance and continuous improvement of the ASML systems at customer sites. If you enjoy working closely with customers providing on-site technical expertise in the field then you’ll find a challenging opportunity at ASML Israel.
NOTE: please only apply with your English resume to be considered for this position.
Watch the video below to learn more about ASML and the advanced systems we produce:
Role and responsibilities
As a Customer Support Engineer, you are the first line of support for our customers.
Your main tasks as a Customer Support Engineer at ASML Israel are:
- Perform installations, troubleshoot, repair, retrofit, upgrade and (preventive) maintain ASML equipment installed at customer sites;
- Proactively participate in the ASML Israel Continuous Improvement Program, identifying and delivering on improvement projects/initiatives that support our local Maintenance program and demonstrate our value add to our customer.
- The CSE will interface with the customers, peers, local technical support and staff management to assure timely and accurate support;
- Assists customers in the receipt, installation and testing of company equipment;
- Ensures that parts are available and as specified for service requirements;
- Take ownership for maintaining and optimizing the equipment on a daily basis to enhance functionality and proactively prevent problems.
- Proactively participate in the ASML Israel Continuous Improvement Program, identifying and delivering on improvement projects/initiatives that support our local Maintenance program and demonstrate our value add to our customer
Education and experience
Bachelor's degree in Mechatronics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
Experience with both Electrical and Mechanical engineering (Mechatronics);
Hands-on experience with hardware (e.g. maintenance and repair);
Experience or knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing process is not essential.
The following skillset is required to be successful in the role as a Customer Support Engineer:
- Good communication skills and speak Hebrew & English fluently;
- Is a strong team player;
- Strong logical thinking, problem solving skills, attention to details and a quality mindset;
- A 'can do' / 'will do' attitude is sought to enable us to proactively maintain and improve customers systems in the field;
- Strong personal organizational skills and enjoys working in a challenging and dynamic work environment;
- Good flexibility and strong ownership.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
In preparation for expanding our Israel service operations we are looking to increase our service support capacity. Depending on your experience and background, extensive travel for training purposes (international training program) maybe required. After the training program the position requires the ability to support "shift based working schedules" including weekend / night support - in which case applicable shift allowances and overtime allowances apply.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.