You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Customer Support Engineer
In a nutshell
Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical engineering
Introduction to the job
The EUV machine is divided into 9 competences and you will become an expert in 1 of the 9 competences. As a technical expert, you are going to enable our Field Service Engineers to be successful in supporting our customers by making sure that they can do their work well prepared with as minimum disturbances as possible.
Your main responsibility is focusing on the completeness and the quality of all knowledge, tools and spare parts (=Service Mix/work instructions) that are required to diagnose, repair and recover ASML systems installed in a customer fab for your competence.
Because you have strong communicational skills you can support our Field Service Engineers by training them, transferring knowledge and sharing best practices regarding the Service Mix.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Identifying structural issues/improvements to the design together with the Field Service Engineers and Development Engineers;
- Creating, improving and maintaining our Service Mix;
- Validating the Service Mix of new products and functionalities delivered by D&E together with the Field Service Engineers;
- Representing CS during the design phase of new designs and making sure the requirements for the field are implemented in the design;
- Supporting our Field Service Engineers with knowledge for introductions of new products;
- Traveling to customers sites worldwide to maintain close contact with your stakeholders.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical field (Physics, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Electronics, Optics, Chemistry, Process Technology, Computer Science, Software, Information Technology etc.);
- You preferably have 2 or more years of experience in an engineering or customer support role.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Team player with excellent communication skills in a multicultural work environment.
- Totally customer focused.
- Focused on quality and drive for continuous improvement.
- Pro-active attitude and taking initiative.
- Ability to effectively influence your stakeholders to successfully get our designs and service processes to a higher level.
- Analytical and organizational skills.
- Helicopter view.
- Stress resistant.
- Flexible and result driven.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Accordingly, business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who immediately can meet these requirements.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.