You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Department Quality Manager For Electrical Development
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you eager to apply your skills in a challenging high-tech environment? Is your interest triggered by driving quality in a team of highly skilled technical people with a design focus? And do you have affinity with design processes in a technical environment? Then this job position could be your stepping stone to further develop yourself in an interesting ASML career.
Role and responsibilities
As Department Quality Manager you take responsibility for the definition, alignment and execution of the Quality strategy and roadmap within the department DUV within the cluster Electronic Development (EDEV).
The Department Quality manager DUV is responsible for the following:
- Defines and aligns the department’s quality strategy as member of the department management staff
- Executes and reports on process improvement projects as part of the quality strategy at department level and/or sector level.
- Leads/participates in project teams in analyzing process gaps, identifying improvements, support implementation and securing consolidation within the department.
- Provides input from department into cluster and sector Quality roadmap and vice versa.
- Reports on quality status, communicates quality message in groups and on department level. Improves transparency.
- Supports, reviews and coaches project teams and their engineers on the quality of technical solutions proposed and deliverables produced.
- Enables the staff to execute on their accountability in quality control by maintaining and deploying department’s processes, providing regular reporting on process adherence to group leaders and project leaders.
- Facilitates the Feedback loop and Lessons Learned in the various departmental groups and competences.
- Manages the follow-up of customer complaints, secures throughput times are met and lessons learned are secured in processes and/or tools
Education and experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or any other technical oriented study with relevant experience in the field of (technical) Quality Management.
- More than 3 years of work experience in technically-driven international organization(s), preferably within a development environment.
- Experience as quality manager.
- Experienced in quality methods and tools like e.g., 6 Sigma, value stream analysis, 5 Why’s analysis, Kaizen, brainstorming sessions, problem solving techniques, FMEA, 8D , Ishikawa diagrams.
- Knowledgeable in international quality standards. (ISO9001/14001/ TS16949), (development) process assessments and audits.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to manage complex relationships between various professional disciplines and organizational levels.
- Excellent stakeholder management and team leader skills, able to collaborate across all levels of the organization with an open attitude.
- Excellent ability to manage change with the ability to overcome resistance and persist in achieving mission.
- Strong communication skills, good listener, with the ability to present information verbally and in written format.
- Self-propelling - learning & (Quality) improvement mindset and change management.
- Hands-on mentality to get the job done.
- Drive for continuous improvement; making use of the lessons learned.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Good knowledge of English.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Our mission is to support and strengthen technology development by ensuring and improving Quality Control, reducing risks, driving Improvement and Assurance providing insight on D&E processes and deliverables with a predictable outcome. With a continuous growing demand for faster delivery of latest technology, good Quality and reliability becomes more and more challenging. This means that our processes must become more effective and efficient. We do this by monitoring and driving success pro-actively ensuring product Quality (Quality control), securing process adherence and implement lessons learned (Quality assurance) and continuously improve our WoW (Quality improvement).
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.