You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Design Requirements Engineer Projection Optics
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Optical engineering, Physics
Introduction to the job
ASML is relentlessly driving the semiconductor industry’s ongoing quest for producing faster, smarter and
more energy efficient chips. We are a young, dynamic, international and highly skilled workforce creating,
with strong support of our suppliers, the lithographic tools the industry needs to achieve its goals.
Are you looking for a challenge to design, test, integrate and troubleshoot a state-of-the-art optical module?
Then you will enjoy this position in the EUV optical column projection team. You will be part of the EUV
projection group responsible to transfer and de-magnify the reticle image onto the wafer in the EUV
scanners by means of advanced optical manipulations and corrections.
Role and responsibilities
As requirements engineer in the EUV Projection group you will be responsible to align the requirements and design decisions taken during for the design process in the design documentation of the EUV sector heater functionality.integration,
You side closely with the architects and lead design engineers to get the requirements and design decisions crisp and clear enabling a clear baseline for the technical discussions within the team and towards the stakeholders.
You will work in a fast paced and multi-disciplinary environment as part of a project team.
Besides the technical aspects of the design also has aspects related to costs, reliability, availability and
serviceability. Your responsibility is to take ownership of the quality of the design documentation and drive that towards completion. This includes requirements, design, test and analysis documentation.
Also, you need to collaborate with different competences and sectors (systems engineering, marketing and customer support) within ASML. Using your technical
knowledge, analytical thinking and people skills, you will work closely together with the project team and
interfacing projects and sectors.
You are part of a team of optical performance engineers who work together on projection optics solutions.
The job consists of:
• Functional development of mirror heating solutions for NXE projection, including modelling, setup and control of the heating manipulators
• Contribute, in a team, to the development of optical performance qualification tooling for the EUV projection modules.
• Specify, design, support implementation, qualify and integrate those solutions.
• Contribute to design documentation, This involves crisp descriptions of the design requirements and design decision; manage the interfaces and open issues in the design.
• Enable the team to deliver technical solutions and a design baseline by registering the right technical agreements during conversations.
• Working in a multi-disciplinary project and collaborate with supplier, factory and customer support teams.
Education and experience
MSc or PhD in engineering or physics, preferably with knowledge of complex systems.
You have excellent technical communication skills.
Experience with working in teams in a multi-disciplinary environment is needed.
3 to 7 years of work experience in an industrial environment.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• Committed to deliver functionality within a complex system and drive the quality
• Strong analytic mindset, data driven; experience on software tool development.
• Excellent communicational skills: ability to switch between complex matters and high-level conclusions, ability to convey these in an understandable fashion.
• Team player, can recognize strengths in a highly talented team, and also build a network within ASML.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within ASML, the Sector Development and Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the planning, development,
and delivery of integrated solutions that meet business requirements. This responsibility also includes the
specification of trade-offs across sectors.
The department DE EUV Optical Column is responsible for delivery of the projection, illumination, dose
control, and EUV light collection functions for the EUV machines. The department develops technical
solutions, means and methods and competences to ensure these deliveries in all the different product
The holder of this position is reporting to the ED EUV DE OC Projection Group Leader.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.