You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Electrical Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Is your interest triggered by delivering new electronic solutions for high-tech machines? Do you have excellent communication skills and are you structured, but also pro-active and pragmatic? You’d better contact us today!
As an Electrical (Connectivity) Design Engineer, you are defining, realizing, qualifying, managing and maintaining various electrical concepts and products for both existing and new ASML products. Furthermore, you contribute on defining the next generation of these products in close cooperation with the architect. The concepts and products we mainly focus on are cables, racks, cabinets, passive interconnections PCBA and visualizing this into schematics. With your skillset and a structured way of design, you contribute to new machine developments with the aim of zero defects and no surprises when enabled at the ASML EUV/DUV products. You will work in close cooperation with other designers, integrators, architects, but also gain a broad network within the company.
Role and responsibilities
The Electrical Connectivity Design Engineer is responsible for the following:
- Get clear design requirements by interfacing/aligning with electrical architects, other CDE designers from other projects
- Define, document and maintain designs of the electrical modules and electrical infrastructure to guarantee the design quality (safety, EMC) and compliance to international standards
- Create and maintain electrical technical drawings/schematics of electrical modules and infrastructure (Functional overview, High level block diagram, Detailed wiring diagrams, cable overview, bundle overview)
- Able to support, and if applicable drive, the outsourcing of development activities at co-developers. · Provide technical inputs to manufacturers of electrical modules and infrastructure by getting involved with supplier quality engineers and suppliers/manufacturers
- Track and maintain the progress and issues of proto build of electrical modules and infrastructure by getting involved with supplier quality engineers and suppliers/manufacturers
- Assure good quality by early involvement with electrical modules built and onsite qualification at suppliers/manufacturers during proto build
- Assure good quality by qualifying of first article electrical modules and infrastructure at module level before handing over to integration
- Transfer knowledge to production- and service-engineers.
- Contribute to analysis and solution of reliability issues.
- Guarantee design quality and compliance by knowledge, experience and usage of reviewing and risk reducing tools.
- Further improve design quality by engaging and asking feedbacks from stakeholders on designed products
- Provide and consolidate detailed electrical information so that customers can prepare their fab facility to install the designed electrical cabinets
- Assist electrical architect by providing detailed electrical safety information concerning the design to acquire third party safety certificate
- Contribute to the multidisciplinary roadmap concerning the electronics within the ASML products.
- Transfer knowledge to production and service engineers and act as an expert (4th line support);
- Act as a technical coach for other designers and team members.
Education and experience
Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in the design of Electrical & electronic modules.
- Experience in the design of cables, racks, cabinets, PCBA (mainly passive/interconnections PCBA).
- Experience with electromechanical designs is a plus
- Broad technical knowledge of electronics with basic knowledge of physics, mechanics, mechatronics and software
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary design teams to establish agreement on specifications.
- Familiar with SAFe - Agile wow is a plus
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Initiative, pro-active and flexible.
- Structured with eye for details and quality.
- Accurate, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving.
- High motivated team player with good social- and communication skills.
- Persuasiveness and decisiveness.
- Creative and pragmatic attitude.
- Fluent English in word and in writing
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
We are growing! Regularly new electrical design engineer positions in different parts of the electrical development cluster (edev) come up (DUV, EUV and Applications), e.g.: Laser Light Generation, Sensor Development, Computer Hardware, Imaging Electronics, Electrical Infrastructure, Mains Supplies, Wafer Positioning and Yieldstar. In your letter, let us know with which domains of the role you have most experience and/or want to grow in, so that together we can find the best match within EDEV.
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the department Electronic Development (EL) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions and modules within these products.
Please submit your resume and cover letter when applying for this position.
Several of our electrical development groups are expanding. After receiving your application we will look at your profile and see if we can match it with existing positions. We will contact you as soon as there is a suitable opportunity.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.