You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
EUV Electrical Layout Source Manufacturing or Equipment Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Electrical Layout (EL) is the system that provides electrical power to all subsystems of the machine and includes human safety architecture as well as machine damage protection systems.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible to design, maintain, and optimize production processes and adapt to changed output requirements. Develop and apply methods of measuring the performance of the production process. Support the Production in order to ensure product quality, short lead-times and ‘short time to market’.
The Equipment Engineer is responsible to ensure reliability, availability and operational cost of the EL system in new ASML products meet requirements. He or she does so by means of co-design, integration, validation and introduction of new products and processes.
Secondly, continuous improvement of the installed base with respect to operational requirements also falls under the responsibility of the Equipment Engineer.
Role and responsibilities
In the ASML product life cycle, the engineer has the following responsibilities from mechanical build and qualification in the Assembly work center till setup and qualification in TEST and Install:
New Product Introduction:
- Lays down operating instructions, process flow charts, routings, process parameters and indicators.
- Brings his knowledge to bear on (new) product development projects, in order to foresee production problems in the design phase and in order to improve the manufacturability of the product and test design.
- Analyses the production process, points out structural problems and bottlenecks, works out suggestions for improvements and initiates their implementation, often in close cooperation with the surrounded departments as Development, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain and Customer Support.
- Contributes to the rapid solution of complex faults and takes the necessary initiatives and practical decisions.
Education and experience
Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related technical area.
- Graduates are welcome to apply
- Our preference goes out to experience candidates in the field of Industrialization of high-tech products.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Pro-active mindset. Plenty of initiative.
- Team player with excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- Customer focus, analytical skills, flexible attitude and commitment are key for this role.
- Willingness for foreign travel, approximately 2 weeks a year.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.