You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
EUV Upgrades Tech Support Manager
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers-the world’s leading chipmakers-to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). As a condition of employment, qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The manager position reports directly into the US EUV Upgrades Department Manager, and combines leadership of a substantial team (~12 to 15 FTE) of highly skilled generalists with significant operational and customer-interfacing responsibilities.
As such, your top priority is the coaching and development of your team, using high-quality development action plans, stretch assignments, and utilizing your network to arrange training opportunities in field, training center, factory, work center, and supplier locations. The technical excellence of your team as a strong impact on the success of the upgrade projects and programs.
You are familiar with all main modules of an EUV lithography system (incl. Drive Laser, Beam Transport System, Source, and Scanner), and can lead technical discussions towards tangible action plans and customer communication slides. You are comfortable driving ambiguity towards the most probable explanation, without losing sight of alternatives and remaining open to opposing ideas.
The successful candidate is able to combine the aforementioned responsibilities, while driving our operation towards an optimum of quality, predictability, cycle time, and cost– all with safety as a non-negotiable value. Stakeholder management (internal as well as customer) and maintaining a clear short- and long-term resource allocation plans are also crucial for success in this role
Education and experience
- Minimum degree of Bachelor in a relevant field, e.g. Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Metrology, Physics, Chemistry, or Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Proven knowledge of all main modules of an EUV lithography system (Drive Laser, Beam Transport System, Source, Scanner); knowledge of fab automation, tracks, and other semiconductor manufacturing tools preferred.
- At last five years of line management excellence in a complex and challenging high-tech environment; proven track record of building and maintaining high-performance teams.
- Familiar communicating with various levels of internal and external (i.e. customer) stakeholders.
- Additional project management experience preferred.
- Relentless focus on safety and quality.
- Experience with Lean principles and running Kaizen meetings is preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.