You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Experienced Electronics Architect Drive Laser
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by the electronicsand architecture design for the drive laser in close cooperation with our partner(s)?And do you have excellent communication skills, combined with a high level ofdiscipline and design experience? We might be looking for you!
Role and responsibilities
As Electronics architect you are defining, realizing, qualifying, managing and maintaining various electronic concepts and products for both existing and new ASML products. You contribute on defining the next generation of High Power Drive Lasers in close cooperation with the development team as well as with our partner(s).
The concepts and products we mainlyfocus on are racks, cabinets, cables, PCBA and visualizing this intoschematics.
The Electronics architect is responsiblefor the following:
- Design, document andmaintain system concepts, electrical modules and infrastructure.
- Act as theElectronic Development representative, interacting intensively in amultidisciplinary team and with our partner(s)
- Act as a technicalleader and be able to manage the outsourcing of development activities atco-developers.
- Perform trade-offstudies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changedfunctions. Get agreement with stakeholders.
- Make work breakdownand effort estimation for the various designs, adjusted with otherstakeholders.
- Guarantee designquality and compliance by knowledge, experience and usage of reviewing andrisk reducing tools.
- Contribute to theroadmap concerning the electronics within the ASML products.
- Transfer / exchange knowledgewith our partner on serviceability (MTTR), safety, compliancy and productioncycle timing.
- Contribute toanalysis and solution of reliability issues.
- Act as a technicalcoach for other team members and partner(s).
Education and experience
- Master’s degree orhigher in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in thedesign of Electrical systems, racks, cabinets, electronic modules, design of cables.
- Broad technicalknowledge of electronics with basic knowledge of physics, mechanics,mechatronics and software.
- Experience withworking in multidisciplinary design teams to establish agreement onspecifications.
- Experience with ASMLstandards and Ways of Workings is mandatory. (applying ASML GID’s andinternational standards on cabinet design, serviceability and compliancy)
- Technical knowledge inthe drive laser domain (e.g. FC71) is a plus.
- You have experiencein the following domains: FC21, System electrical layout, Cabling, cabinetsand housings.
- You preferably have knowledgeabout FC23, Safety handling, Mains safety, EMO buttons etc.. and FC22, MainsDistribution, Providing power to the systems.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- You have the personality to represent ASML and are able to work together with our partner(s) to define and or review concepts and detailed design decisions and represent them within the ASML organization.
- Highly motivated, pro-active and good communication skills.
- Quality focus, structured with eye for details.
- Strong pragmatic attitude with an analytical view.
- Able to work both independently as in a team in a dynamic exploitative environment.
- You are available for regular travel to efficiently collaborate with the partner(s) if required (few days per month to Germany)
- Fluent English in word and in writing, German is a pre.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the cluster Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions and modules within these products.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.