You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Fab Operations Manager - Samsung EUV
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Austin - TX, US
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The mission of this position is to ensure successful service delivery and execution of projects in order to meet operational objectives and to support the US Customer Support Organization and accomplish ASML business priorities and customer commitments.
The Customer Support Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at the customer site and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local Customer Support branches perform these tasks for the customers within a specific region.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
As a member of the local EUV CS Leadership team, the EUV Fab Operations Manager’s responsibility is to ensure flawless service delivery in the customer’s fab. The Fab Operations Manager will lead the fab team. During the start-up of the site, the Fab Operations Manager will focus on building up the team and secure the skills and capabilities to be present in each shift. As a member of the local leadership team the Fab Operations Manager is pivotal to support the integration of the systems which includes driving KPI’s focused on system maintenance of ASML systems, adequate staffing levels, productivity, and safety. As manager it is important to drive retention of staff by promoting an environment focused on development, engagement, and motivation in line with the ASML Vision and values.
- Safety: Ensure all Fab operations are performed in a safe environment and drive towards a culture of safety first.
- Management: Instruct and support the fab operations by setting priorities, solve problems and ensure timely and correct execution to conform to planning. Spend up to 40% of your time coaching and developing your people to secure right level of skills and knowledge are available. Planning for future needs will be critical in a start-up fab which will continue to expand in the coming years.
- Customer interfacing: Be an ASML ambassador and represent the company towards the customer. As EUV Fab manager be the first point of contact for customer’s leadership team for all EUV Fab operations related topics. In parallel represent the Voice of the Customer within the ASML organization to enable improvements to existing products & processes and the design of new products, to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Project Execution: Engage resources to provide support for initiating, planning, and executing Projects for Customer Support in alignment with Sponsors and Corporate driven Projects. Work with ASML organizations to gather information and ensure project deliverables meets Customer Support requirements.
- Customer Support Operation: Mobilize resources to provide service for ASML processes and tooling such that the Customer Support Sites can deliver customer satisfaction. Improve communication and performance of the Customer Support organization. Work with ASML customer support organization to gather information and ensure service meets customer requirements.
- General: Optimize communication with continental and international co-operation. Implement and improve policies, processes, procedures, data base management and administrative control within the region.
The holder of this position reports to the local CS EUV Site Manager.
Education and experience
- Position requires a BS degree in an engineering field, management or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience with a minimum of 3 years in Leadership positions.
- Experience managing a Customer Support organization and projects preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- People Development skills-drives the development of people, coaches and gives feedback.
- Ability to inspire and motivate individuals and teams.
- Strong Communications skills-communicates clearly and convincingly.
- Excellent time management and delegation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize actions effectively and efficiently.
- Basic project management skills.
- Self-starter that shows high drive, creativity, ambition and accountability.
- Advanced analytic and problem solving skills, pays attention to detail and produces work that meets high quality standards.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Position requires up to 40% travel, and the willingness to work extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Valid driver’s license and passport required.
- Ability to travel in US and internationally.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.