You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Facilities Space Planner
Other corporate functions
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other corporate functions
Introduction to the job
We are currently seeking a Space Planner to join our Corporate Real Estate (CRE) Facilities team in San Diego. The Space Plannerwill be responsible for Master Planning and change transition. Assist in managing the strategic and tactical space planning to optimize the housing demand and supply within ASML. Includes redevelopment of key operating and maintenance functions, development and improvement of processes, establishment of metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).Be the linking pin between departments, expertise, project management and suppliers and create a sustainable collaboration model between them. Space Planner that uses the strategic pillars (Safety, Total Cost, Flexibility, Business alignment, Wellbeing and Sustainability) to translates needs for the future into short and long term space plans.Find a good balance between prescribing guidelines versus workable requirements that meet the needs of the business (i.e. delivery time in projects).
Role and responsibilities
- Manage facilities planning and operations to provide a safe work environment for employees, visitors and customers.
- Develop, maintain and deploy a global vision on space planning together with guidelines and processes.
- Responsible for campus master plan and strategic planning including housing, parking and industrial cleanroom, lab and storage.
- Responsible for all space requests, leasing and real estate.
- Map and safeguard the balance between workplace solutions like work & meeting space, technical areas, warehousing, training centers and service area’s and find applicable solutions where necessary.
- Competitively bids out, negotiates, manages and implements the acquisition of goods and services associated with facility and presents recommendations and presentations to senior management.
- Manages applicable vendors in support of facilities and related administration activities.
- Assists with identifying high quality service and cost effective solutions across critical business support functions (facilities operations, soft and hard services).
- Manage a complex field of stakeholders and in particular manage various interests, and be able to explain and deliberate the necessity of the guidelines set by you as the leading expert.
- Coordinates and reviews design and construction of facilities improvement upgrades to provide Operation and Maintenance perspective on new projects for maintenance efficiency.
- Coordinates with local/state authorities, involving facility operation or building concerns and permitting/regulations.
- Participates and supports the environmental health and safety emergency response team.
- Ensures that the facilities project plan is communicated and followed within the program’s engineering team.
- Assesses and highlights risks and develops mitigation plans.
- Proactively communicates issues and manages the solution paths.
- Performs reviews on key developments, KPIs and drives necessary changes into the Facilities Process and Procedures or other applicable areas.
- Interprets, implements, and monitors modifications to department methods, processes and policies that affect multiple work groups.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of three to five (3-5) years of relevant experience.
- Strong skills in contract management, development and improvement of processes, establishment of metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Certified Facility Manager (CFM), Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP) or Energy Professional designation is a plus.
- Compliance knowledge of building codes, fire/life safety regulations and OSHA requirements desired.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building. Sensitive, adaptable, professional and articulate when dealing with others and acts proactively to customer needs.
- Experience with Microsoft suite of programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project).
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to influence, motivate, mentor, and lead team resources.
- Ability to solve problems and implement solutions to complex problems with available resources.
- Ability to lead and manage consulting engineering teams to successfully meet project objectives.
- Excellent problem-solving techniques with organizational, reasoning, planning, and motivational skills.
- Ability to plan development expenses over a quarter to quarter period and track expenses.
- Excellent decision making skills and business judgment.
- Ability to define and track short and long-term goals and resources.
- Ability to read and optimize engineering documentation.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.