You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Field Application Engineer
Chemistry & materials science
In a nutshell
Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry & materials science
Introduction to the job
ASML brings the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers-the world’s leading chipmakers-to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and many local offices close to customer factories, to support daily customer needs and drive together improvement and next node challenges.
Role and responsibilities
At ASML, Field Application Engineers deliver innovative solutions for lithography and metrology via collaboration with our customers and headquarters.
- Participate and/or lead projects which are aimed at supporting our customer transition to a new technology node or ramp up a specific technology node.
- Define and drive customer requirements for existing or evaluation products based on technical intimacy with the customer.
- Translate a customer on-product issue into a potential lithography or metrology related problem statement, resolve these issues to help them maximize the performance and use of ASML products.
- Participate in pro-actively identifying ASML applications product opportunities for our customer.
- Conduct data analysis to ensure that the correct conclusions are drawn from customers acquired experimental data and results reported to ASML and customer.
- Meet with internal and external customers to maintain two-way level of commitment to keep all involved and affected parties informed of progress.
- Prepare technical presentations for customer meetings.
- Learn and exercise the ASML metrology product portfolio and maximize the application of ASML products & options to the benefit of the customer.
Education and experience
Masters in Engineering, Science or Mathematics with 3+ years of experience in semiconductor industry
- Must have strong organizational, communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Fast learner with strong self-motivation to grow technically; be able to perform job at high standard with minimum supervision, and demonstrated ability to thrive in a high pressure and fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and organize actions effectively and efficiently.
- Basic project management skills.
- Self-starter that shows high drive, creativity, ambition and accountability.
- Experience in data analysis with support software (Matlab, Python, ..)
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to work individually and within a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- English and French language (business level, verbal and written)
- Driving license category B
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
To make sure that you can thrive in this position, we are offering an attractive package of benefits for you:
A permanent contract with motivating salary (fix + variable) according to profile and experience, and a company car.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.