You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Flow Architect EUV Source
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Physics, Chemistry & materials science
Introduction to the job
Are responsibility and ownership your key strengths? Can you translate (high-level) performance requirements into a flow architecture, and do you take the lead in getting technical issues solved? Do you see the big picture without missing the important details and are you capable to provide technical direction through different development phases; while focusing on performance, financial as well as industrialization aspects? Then we want to get in touch with you.
Role and responsibilities
The work consists of a translation of the overall system design into an architecture that meets these requirements, a creation of the budgeting to the different users in the system, and communication to, and where necessary negotiation between, the users. The other main part of the work is to bring the system into operation with all the specified functions and a verification test to prove that the architecture or subsystem is working as intended during the specification phase.
The Flow Architect reports to the Group Leader as well as the Project Leader(s). He or she maintains regular alignment with the owner of the overall function which his or her deliverables contribute to. Project team sizes vary from a few FTE to more than twenty FTE, a substantial part of which may be at a co-developer.
- Understand the function of the media at the end users inside the lithography tool
- Perform analyses and calculations to predict the functionality of the fluid architecture or subsystem (pressure drop budgeting, flow budgeting, humidification, gas purity)
- Where necessary increase group competence by literature research, experimental testing or supervision of external research partners
- Negotiate, define, document and present the specifications of fluid architecture or subsystem
- Translate these specifications into conceptual designs and act as counterpart and guidance during the 3D design process
- Take care of the functional integration of the architecture or subsystem: prove, document and present its proper functioning with offline and machine tests
- Troubleshoot issues related to the architecture or subsystem, or the larger Fluid domain inside the tools
Education and experience
Technical BSc or MSc (preferred) Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, Chemical Engineering or a closely related field of study.
- 2-7 years' experience of solid theoretical and practical experience with heat and mass transfer phenomena and applications
- Affinity with measurement tools and setting up of experiments
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills
- Able to perform in highly dynamic environment
- Ability to organize work effectively and having a systematic approach in problem solving
- Ability to provide technical direction, motivate and convince a team of professionals
- Pragmatic and result-oriented attitude
- Good communication skills and good command of the English language (both written and verbal)
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.