You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
FPGA verification engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
As a Verification Engineer for FPGA designs you are a key technical contributor to a multidisciplinary team of designers who act on (sub-)system level. You take responsibility to set the standard for the Verification process in the team for new and existing ASML products.
Role and responsibilities
As a Verification Engineer in the PCBA and FPGA design team you are responsible for the following:
- Act as the EDEV representative in a multidisciplinary design team.
- Interact intensively with colleagues from the software & hardware department.
- Define, document and maintain requirements of various designs.
- Define, document, and execute tests to ensure that the firmware satisfy the requirements.
- Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changed functions. Get agreement with stakeholders.
- Contribute to the team's roadmap and its IP blocks.
- Make your own work breakdown and planning for the various firmware products, adjusted with other stakeholders.
- Contribute to the modelling of HW blocks.
Education and experience
- Bachelor- or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 7+ years of experience as a Verification Engineer with FPGA’s or ASICs is a must have.
- Extensive experience with System Verilog is a must have
- UVM knowledge and experience is a must have
- Understanding of VHDL / Verilog Designs is a strongly preferred.
- Experience with Assertion Based Verification (SVA especially, PSL) is strongly preferred
- Broad technical knowledge of digital IP’s (Firmware building-blocks) is preferred.
- Experience with Altera / Xilinx Design Flow is preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- High motivated team player with excellent social, communication and good coaching skills.
- Ability to give technical direction in a team of designer/verification engineers.
- Able to set the standard and proactively contribute to the Way of Working
- Quality and efficiency focus
- Pragmatic attitude
- Organizes work effectively and logically
- Fluent English in word and in writing
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio.
Within the sector D&E the department Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of all electronic functions and modules within these products.
Within EDEV the group DUV PCBA and ELF design is responsible for the board designs (PCBA) and Embedded Logic and Firmware (ELF) for our DUV systems.
The Verification Engineer will report to the team leader of the PCBA and ELF group.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.