You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Global Senior Learning & Knowledge Management Specialist
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML is the only company in the world offering extreme ultraviolet lithography machines. These machines are indispensable to producing faster, cheaper and more energy-efficient microchips. In a 2021 New York Times article the ASML machines were labeled “the most complicated machines humans have built”.
Since the ASML machines are an important cornerstone in global mega trends like robotics, big data, AI and IoT, the company is expected to continue its growth in the upcoming years to an annual turnover of 28-35 USD Billion by 2025. To create these machines and to continue the exciting growth journey, ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology from all over the world.
In this vibrant and exciting environment, Learning & Knowledge Management (L&KM) is paramount. ASML can only grow as fast as our people grow. L&KM enables ASML to sustain its competitive advantage and build the new generation of cutting edge machines. Therefore, L&KM is high on the strategic agenda of ASML.
Role and responsibilities
This role is positioned in the Global Center of Expertise for Learning & Knowledge Management (L&KM), where you will report into the Global Learning Quality & Process lead. As Senior Global Learning & Knowledge Management Specialist you will help to improve the quality and business impact of Learning & Knowledge Management across ASML by offering best-in-class standards and guidance for our L&KM professionals that help them excel in their work. Your standards and guidance will improve the ways of working in all of ASML’s Academies as well as in Learning Shared Services to create a great employee experience around L&KM and improve the overall business impact.
- Develop toolkits around key L&KM topics (e.g., Learning Needs Analysis, Design & Development, Evaluation & Measurement) that will help our L&KM professionals excel in their work. These L&KM toolkits should guide the way of working in this topic area by outlining the critical tasks and associated role responsibilities, providing quality standards / guidelines, and practical resources that L&KM professionals can use on-the-job (e.g., tools, templates, formats, best practice examples);
- Collaborate and co-create with key internal stakeholders and external partners in the development phase of the L&KM toolkits (e.g., through design workshops);
- Use your expertise and experience in L&KM to collect, review and leverage the use of existing internal and external standards and resources that qualify as best-in-class. Sharpen and contextualize these resources where needed to make them fit for purpose as part of the L&KM toolkits;
- Collaborate with the Academies and Learning Shared Services to pilot parts and prototypes of the L&KM toolkits in early stages to collect feedback, and validate the more mature versions before go-live;
- Collaborate with the change and communications team to shape the implementation approach and communication plan;
- Engage the L&KM community in using the L&KM toolkits, facilitate the sharing of experiences among users in applying the toolkits, and provide guidance to users where needed;
- Install feedback loop methods to receive feedback for continuous improvement of the L&KM toolkits. Continuously improve and periodically review the L&KM toolkits based on these feedback loops, analytics-based insights and (external) thought leadership;
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external partners to integrate the L&KM toolkits into relevant learning and knowledge management solutions;
- Serve as a visible, credible and respected L&KM expert across the organization and a strong advocate in the adoption of L&KM quality standards, policies and guidelines;
- Foster an external network and review trends and best practices in L&KM.
Education and experience
- Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in Learning & Development, Human Resources, or Business Administration;
- 4-6 years of work experience in the area of people analytics or learning analytics focused on using data to uncover insights, communicate key findings and drive action (e.g., Learning Analytics Manager, Learning Analytics Translator, Learning Analytics Consultant). Consulting experience is a plus
- Work experience in Management / HR / Learning Consulting is a plus;
- Has worked in large multinational organizations;
- Has worked with stakeholders in various levels across the organization.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong expertise in Learning & Development and Knowledge Management practices, methods, tools, and processes is needed to be able to act as a thought leader, select and adapt best-in-class resources, and provide professional guidance in using the toolkits where needed;
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills;
- Strong consulting skills;
- Ability to formulate complex concepts in a simplified and practical manner, both verbally and in writing (in English);
- Collaborative mindset with the ability to build trusted relationships.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.