You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Global Service Center Engineer - Customer Support EUV ILP
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML Customer Service Organization handles several thousand technical issues per month. The Global Support Center provides technical support for the approximately 5% of issues that cannot be handled independently by the local service organization.The Customer Support organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at our customers' sites and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local CS branches (Field Support) perform these tasks at the customers within their specific region. The Global Support Center is responsible for providing technical support to the local CS branches in order to maximize ASML tool performance. The holder of this position reports to the Group Leader Global Support Center US.
ASML produces high tech and high value products to semiconductor manufacturers. Downtime of these tools is very expensive for our customers. To minimize those costs ASML Customer Support (CS) organization is responsible to repair the systems as soon as possible. For this reason ASML ensures 24/7 support by covering 3x8 hours in 3 different continents. Each of the incidents seen at customer site are analyzed and documented to prevent similar incidents in the future.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
A role as Global Support Center (GSC) engineer in the ASML Customer Support department consists of a diversity of tasks and responsibilities. These tasks and responsibilities are varying with the phase of system maturity which makes the job challenging.
- NPI preparation.
- During the New Product Introduction (NPI) phase you are assigned to the project in order to gain the required skills and knowledge to independently support field escalations. You will travel onsite during introduction phase support by delivering knowledge/escalation handling to the local organization.
- Technical problem solving within competency.
- Solving complex technical problems by remote analyzing data and creating deterministic forward looking action plans is key for a GSC engineer. It is important to have good alignment on expectations with the local team and your other GSC colleagues worldwide within this problem solving process. On-site support is often required to solve the problem at the customer.
- Another important task of a GSC engineer is to manage the (technical) escalation, secure that the right data is available and provide routine updates to management and stakeholders. Next to solving a technical problem a GSC engineer is responsible to start the process to prevent the issue of happening again in future.
Education and experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of electronics, mechanics, optics, software, semiconductor processes, and related disciplines.
- Minimum 2 Years of relevant experience.
- Experience in troubleshooting on technical level.
- Knowledge of ASML products on a technical level.
- Experience within the ASML organization, specifically with CS and D&E.
- Strong English communication skills- both written and oral.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- High sense of customer focus.
- High level of personal ownership, initiative and drive.
- Flexible mindset: working hours, travel and work environments.
- Excellent communication skills (English, both oral and written).
- Cultural awareness and the ability to work with different cultures.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Able to analyze working methods (processes), define and drive improvements.
- Team worker, good social skills, customer-oriented.
- Able to plan and set priorities.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- Position will include occasional traveling (15% or less).
- This position is located on-site in San Diego, CA. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.