You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Group Lead IT Solution Delivery HW
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
The ASML design and engineering environment is used by more than 12,000 research and development (R&D) engineers worldwide.
Can you lead, coach and inspire a multi-disciplinary team of IT developers, architects and agile professionals? Do you have the vision to constantly nurture, shape and develop these professionals to guarantee next year’s challenges will be not just met, but wholeheartedly surpassed? Are you motivated and passionate to support people to become the best version of themselves and help our IT P&T (Product & Technology) Hardware Solution Delivery department in delivering the roadmap? If so, then you may be the group lead we are looking for!
You are an excellent people manager in an Agile/SAFe world. You are keen on developing and coaching individuals to become valuable members of high-performing teams. You have a good understanding of the various expertise involved in building and maintaining development environments. As a member of the Leadership Team you will closely collaborate with the Leading Coalition of the Agile Release Trains (ART) within the IT P&T Hardware Solution Delivery department. Each ART has a Leading Coalition, consisting of a Release Train Engineer (RTE), Chief Product Owner (CPO) and the System Architect (SA). You have an intrinsic drive towards continuous improvement. As a manager you will also be responsible for budgeting, working with suppliers and areas of general interest to your team.
Central to your role as Group Lead in the IT P&T Hardware Solution Delivering department is your insight into different skill sets, development areas and motivational factors towards each professional that is in your team. You connect the personal growth of the internal employee to the actual work in the teams and the ARTs who bring the value to the customer.
As an IT Group Lead you connect personal growth of the internal employee to the actual work in the teams and the ARTs who bring the value to the customer.
- Lead, coach and inspire teams of IT DevOps professionals with a strong focus on people, career and competence development;
- Maintain and improve the domain knowledge and technical skills within your teams;
- Develops and implements changes to the job profiles and roles of the team;
- Support internal employees with their Development Action Plan (DAP) and provide career coaching;
- Manage supplier relationships, contracting external employees, in consultation with internal parties;
- Owner of competence (cross team quality / craftmanship) roadmap through relevant competence leads.
As we are growing and evolving, you will play a vital role in building and executing a department wide workforce plan addressing our key (people related) challenges.
- I care for the well-being of employees
- I closely collaborate with the Leading Coalition on staffing needs
- I am a Servant Leader and motivator for the people in the group
- I drive personal growth of employees
- Organizational sensitivity and partnering with business on strategic level
- Challenge employees in their growth path to develop T-shape skills (and knowledge)
Bachelor or Master degree in information technology or human resources business area.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- At least 5 years’ experience with building self-organizing Scrum teams;
- At least 2 years’ experience in a scaled agile environment (SAFe, LeSS, etc);
- Experience in people oriented management activities (competence development, career coaching, strategic workforce planning, etc).
- Experience in managing vendors and external personnel;
- Experience in managing distributed teams;
- Highly-motivated, with a strong work ethic and able to work effectively under minimal supervision;
- Analytic mindset, able to quickly assess issues and their root causes;
- Strategic and creative thinking, solving today’s problems while keeping in mind a long-term plan
- Agile leadership, systems thinking, good coaching, influencing and interpersonal skills;
- Strong communicator, good at listening. Has diplomatic skills;
- Ability to build strong, trusting relationships with customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders; Excellent English communication and presentation skills. Command of the Dutch language is a plus.
- Honesty & Integrity
Context of the position
With its roots in the Netherlands, ASML has grown to become an international high-tech organization, with some 40,000 employees of over 100 different nationalities all working closely together. We collaborate with each other, with customers, with suppliers, and with knowledge institutes. Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport’, Europe’s top tech hub.
At ASML we invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high tech lithography machines for our chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms.
The feeling of pride is a strong and tangible internal motivation at AMSL. We are proud of who we are, of our achievements, how we accomplish these achievements, and of the fact that we are the worldwide market leader in the chip market. This pride, combined with our outstanding employment conditions and terms, lies at the core of our exceptionally low turnover rate.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The IT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
A department within the IT organization is Product and Technology (P&T); this department is responsible for the engineering infrastructure services and applications/tooling for ASML’s Research & Development organization. We ensure that these services are running in an optimal way and we look at innovating the services. We also support the IT applications that are used at ASML.
As an Group Lead for Hardware Engineering you will be operating within the P&T Hardware department, responsible for IT tooling and infrastructure for the Electrical, Mechanical and Simulation engineers worldwide. You will report to the Head of IT P&T Hardware Portfolio.
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The best people make ASML what it is today. To attract and retain the best people, we have an extremely comprehensive, competitive employment conditions package.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply. We expect that your application is accompanied by a motivation letter indicating why you are interested in this position and why this position is a match with your skills and experience.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.