You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Head of Customer Support Operational Excellence and Quality
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Customers make extraordinary investments in ASML machines and systems, so keeping them operational is a priority. With a strong focus on maximizing yields and minimizing downtime, Customer Support (CS) works toward ensuring the systems in customers’ fabs are running at the highest levels of predictability and availability.
Customer Support is the frontline interface with the customer. It is the first contact should systems fail and its understanding of customer requirements provides valuable insights when developing ASML’s processes and products. CS plays an essential role in shaping in-field operations, aligning with customer roadmaps and maintaining customer relationships.
CS engineers work closely with customers, providing tailor-made solutions and on-site knowledge transfer. Typically assigned to specific customer sites, they develop a detailed understanding of customer systems and are able to optimize machines according to each customer’s specific needs. Sharing this level of detail requires a trusted partnership, needing customers to share detailed knowledge of their processes with engineers.
As well as eradicating snags and fine-tuning systems after installation, CS engineers in the fab are the first contact should systems run into problems. When this happens, time is of the essence as downtime can cost customers thousands of euros per minute. CS engineers assess and address issues and according to protocol, escalate to involve experts at the ASML Global Support Center or if necessary, refer back to design teams at D&E.
Customer Support offers 24/7, 365 support to ensure customers’ fabs stay running. Although most CS engineers are dedicated to a customer fab, some travel globally to support installation or relocation of machines. CS is exploring ways to move towards a regional self-sufficiency model to utilize local knowledge and provide better support within each region.
ASML has nearly 8,000 customer support employees, working from more than 60 locations worldwide.
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the job is to:
- Design, Align and Implement of the Quality strategy and roadmap for Customer Support Worldwide
- Drive and steer Continuous Improvement for Customer Support Worldwide
- Evolve Operational Excellence strategy and implementation for Customer Support Worldwide
- Prepare, deploy and monitor the CS Quality Maturity model and Improvement Roadmap to bring CS Worldwide organization on the required quality maturity, engagement and proactive quality culture.
- Organize and maintain a CS quality organization to ensure an effective and efficient quality management support and program/roadmap deployment
- Define, deploy, monitor and control the CS Quality Management System (as part of the Global QMS), incl. quality escalation process
- Own the CS Worldwide Quality dashboard/KPI’s,
- Act as a global quality leader and change agent, support CS Management on Quality topics, provide leadership to the CS Quality Team (Veldhoven) and the CS Worldwide Quality Community
- Responsible for the development, implementation, planning and all financial aspects regarding the quality projects within pre-arranged time and budget forecast.
- Secure alignment with Global Quality, secure integration of CS in ASML Quality Program. Represent CS on Global Quality level.
- Represent Quality Roadmap & delivery and customer escalation at Customers
Continuous Improvement & Operational Excellence (LEAN):
- Responsible for strategy and implementation of Operational Excellence in the Customer Support organization in a multi-year program. A network of Deployment Program managers (typically Black Belt), Lean Experts and Lean champions is created to facilitate this subsequent deployment in all 60+ CS locations and management layers, supported by external consultants and the ASML Lean Competence center.
- Responsible for Continuous Improvement department working in global matrix across all Field Operations locations and BL Segments
- Responsible for delivering all continuous improvement projects
- CS representative in Global Operational Excellence Steerco
Planning & Complexity:
- Manages global support processes, which are generally related in nature and require co-ordination with other functions.
- The position is challenged by identifying quality issues, driving local containments, interacting within ASML (D&E) to create structural solutions and monitoring follow-up. The role is responsible for the implementation of the quality policies across the CS organization.
- Complex stakeholder field
- Senior Managers and Experts on Quality, Operational Excellence/LEAN and Continuous Improvement
Education and experience
- MSc degree in technical science and in addition Postmaster/MSc degree in Quality Management
- 15+ years relevant working experience including leading Worldwide Quality management role in complex industries and semiconductor/high tech industry experience
- Proven track record as change agent and as leader of Worldwide teams.
- Demonstrable quality management /Quality System management experience
- Demonstrable CI/LEAN management experience
- Seasoned manager with proven track record of management skills and experience.
- Solid understanding of ASML core processes, and ability to use and optimize these
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills and competencies:
- Strategic thinking
- Project Management and organization skills
- Leverage Network & Partnerships
- Complex stakeholder management
- Influence without power
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.