You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Human safety engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you an experienced industry professional, focused on the safety studies of the complex machines during your career? Do you have an extensive understanding of human physical and cognitive characteristics and integration of them into industrial machines designs? Do you have a strong drive in supporting compliance studies of our systems by increasing the expertise of the human safety competences?
Then, this function might fit you perfectly!
Role and responsibilities
You will be part of a team that consists of human safety experts who take the role of guiding the design community, through the application of human-related design specifications, with the design validationof our new or updated products. The team doesn’t deliver any hardware themselves but has an overall responsibility of ensuring that the total system can be build, transported, installed and serviced in a safe and efficient way in terms of human safety rules to the new designs. The team works closely together with bot engineering and global product safety.
- In coordination with the safety Competence Leads, support competence team studies of Human Factors, Working at Height, and Mechanical Safety, in terms of compliancy studies of the ASML Products & Tools.
- Parallel with the Product safety targets, support production of competence related general guidelines, trainings, and lessons learnt databases.
- Coach for the application of safety standards to design engineers working in different projects.[ Substitute Competence Leads when needed.
- Work with Competence Engineers to support them in their project roles.
- Take active role in the regulatory compliance studies of the ASML existing and upcoming machines regarding the Machinery Directive, industry standards or customer requests.
- Produce related documentation based on best practices, regulatory standards, directives, and customer expectations that will be used for the design community of the ASML D&E.
- Translate the safety & regulatory requirements into design requirements for engineers.
- Support Competence Leads in their works to reach the targeted maturity level for each competence.
- Support, organize structural improvements related to the way of working of the competences.
- Willing and able to become Competence Lead of at least one of the domains: Human Factors, Working at Height, Mechanical Safety.
- Represent the competences in the safety venue of the ASMLwhen needed.
Education and experience
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering (Machine Safety and/or Human Factors is preferred), or a combination of education and experience that demonstrate the required skills.
- Understanding engineering solutions and their impact in product safety.
- A solid understanding of the Machinery Directive or other CE directives.[
- Proved experience in human safety studies in complex programs (such as: automotive, aerospace, rail, production machines / capital equipment or similar)
- 5-10 yearsof work experience in the field of Human Safety, product safety or product regulatory.
- Knowledge of regulations in semiconductor industries such as SEMI S8, and SEMI S2.
- Preferably knowledge of HAZOP, experience of handling safety compliances.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Capability to translate the safety & regulatory requirements into design requirements for engineers
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills at all levels of the business.
- Strong communicator.
- Easily cooperates with other stakeholders and disciplines.
- Team player, willing to participate in studies within cross disciplines.
- Good researcher and reporter with clear & concise language. Patient to produce written knowledge rather than ad-hoc problem solver.
- Pro-active in getting the information related within a diverse, complex working structure.
- Eager to work in a multinational atmosphere and open to understanding cultural differences.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.