You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
In-Fab Material Handler - N. Phoenix
In a nutshell
N. Phoenix - AZ, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The role of the material handler is to maintain and control our inventory at the customer facility covering basic logistics activities. This covers receiving materials arriving at the customer, facilitating material usage onsite, shipping materials offsite and all activities in-between. This role will require being in the customer cleanroom for the majority of the time. May require domestic travel.
Role and responsibilities
- Comply with all safety requirements.
- Have a safety first mentality through proactively speaking up about concerns, always using PPE as required and setting an example for others to follow.
- Receiving deliveries from the offsite warehousing and update material trackers including inventory management.
- Facilitate the movement of material out of stock for engineering usage and the return flow of material to onsite storage locations.
- Process return of materials from customer site to offsite warehouse - correctly packed, labeled, documented back to customer dock and handover to transport.
- Maintain dock, elevator, vestibule and laydown areas to conform with customer norms (Housekeeping).
- Ensure correct and timely material handover process with engineers including pull-lists, proof of delivery and proof of receipt.
- Physical material movement between Cleanroom Lay Down Area and System Work Area.
- Conduct Cycle counts of inventory.
- Logs material moved in/out.
- Expedites line down parts and urgent material needs to the appropriate work areas.
- Performs activities related to: Daily Material Staging, Daily Material Returns, and System Work Area Organization.
- Preparation of materials to ensure proper identification, packaging, and completeness of items for return.
- Work may include onsite technical support involving heavy lifting of equipment & modules.
- Position will require work activity in a clean-room production environment and/or laboratory setting.
- The employee is required to work in a cleanroom environment: full gowning (full body coveralls, hood, CR safety shoes, face mask, nitrile gloves and safety glasses.
- Occasionally may be exposed to loud noise bursts.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Position will be in TSMC fab in NW Phoenix.
Compressed Work Week (CWW), 12 hour shifts, 4 days on 3 days off/3 days on 4 days off.
- FHD: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and every other Wednesday 0700-1900.
Education and experience
- High school diploma required or equivalent experience.
- Computer skills- Outlook and Excel are a must.
- SAP knowledge is beneficial.
- 2 to 3 years in a logistics or operations role (preferably in a Fab environment but not required).
- Need to have used and understand MS Excel.
- Preferred experience with handling heavy materials using pallet jacks, carts etc.
- Requires being able to pass 10 year background check.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Must have excellent work ethic about being on time and reliable attendance.
- Team player but also able to stand alone.
- Safety first mentality.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to work in customer clean room environment.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.