You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Industrial Engineer Metrology (Software)
In a nutshell
Introduction to the jobDo you like to be the linking pin between high-tech product development and a global field organization supporting the major semiconductor manufacturers? Do you have what it takes to industrialize innovative complex software designs in a way that they can be used efficiently in a high volume manufacturing & service environment? You’d better contact us today!
As Industrial Engineer Metrology yourepresent the manufacturing and customer support organizations in the SW productand process development. In this role you secure the SW product meets therequired factory cycle time and field availability and operational cost. Youensure the SW product and process design is such that your colleagues in ourfactories and at our customers’ sites are able to efficiently set up and serviceour complex equipment.
You can see yourself as the bridgebetween the design project and the internal customers in the factories andthe field.
The Metrology competence enables andimplements control of the ASML system and its functions on nanometer levelsof accuracy by means of mathematical modeling of the system and itsfunctions. The products delivered to the service organization are softwarepackages.
The Metrology competence connectsmultiple technical disciplines. You need to be able to keep a broad systemview when performing your job.
The Industrial Engineer Metrology isresponsible for:
- RepresentCustomer Service / Manufacturing during the design phase and make surethe service requirements are implemented in the design
- Reviewdesign and design documentation
- Createprocedures for diagnosing and solving machine issues, including setupand recovery
- Deliverknowledge of new SW products to the field and factory serviceorganization
- Support(on-site) complex troubleshooting issues (escalations) during newproduct introduction phase
- Identifystructural issues and drive the development team towards a solution
- Minimizeoperational costs for volume SW products by improving machineavailability (up-time, cycle time)
- Analyzeglobal product performance and define requirements for designimprovement.
Bachelor or Master degree in physics, optics, mechatronics, mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, electronics (or other technical background) with 3-7 years of working experience.
- Broadknowledge of metrology, mechatronics, software or optics
- Broadknowledge of manufacturing and/or service processes
- Previousbackground as production and/or service engineer preferably in a new productintroduction environment of SW products
- Familiarwith design processes
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Flexible and have a practical focus
- Strong technical background, interested in SW product and process
- Focused on quality, continuous improvement, need of the customer
- Pro-active mindset, plenty of initiative
- Highly motivated team player with good social and communication skills in English
- Ability to effectively influence your stakeholders to successfully get our designs and service processes to a higher level
- Willingness for international travel (max 10%)
Context of the positionThe sector Development and Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design, and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. The position of Industrial Engineer Metrology is part of the Metrology & Machine Control cluster within the sector D&E.
The Industrial Engineer Metrology reports to the D&E Industrialization Group Leader.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.