You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Industrialization Engineer for Electronics Development
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
ASML supports the Semiconductor industry’s ongoing quest for producing faster, smarter and more energy efficient chips (IC’s). ASML creates lithography systems that the Semiconductor Industry needs to achieve their goals.
The D&E sector amongst others is responsible for Industrialization and operational requirements of ASML’s products. E.g. Reliability, Availability, Manufacturability, Serviceability (RAMS), Cycle time play a leading role in reducing operational costs by design and process improvements for volume products from inception through the programs and sectors, by developing and imposing companywide pro-active and reactive structural issue resolution processes.
Role and responsibilities
Electrical Layout (EL) is the system that provides electrical power to all subsystems of the machine and includes human safety architecture as well as machine damage protection systems.
The Industrialization Engineer is responsible to ensure serviceability and manufacturability as well as operational cost of the EL system in ASML products. He or she does so by means of co-design, integration, validation and introduction of new products and processes.
Secondly, continuous improvement of the installed base with respect to operational requirements also falls under the responsibility of the Industrialization Engineer.
In the ASML product life cycle, the Industrialization Engineer has the following responsibilities:
- Represent the operational sectors (Manufacturing and Service organizations) in the co-design phase and make sure the operational requirements are implemented in the design.
- Take care for new product introduction towards factory and field organization
- Take care for structural improvements and feedback on structural improvements towards development team.
- Review technical documentation of the multidisciplinary development team.
- Define documentation, spare parts and tooling for the global service organization.
- Be the expert in analysis of complex problems at the factory and at customer site
- Knowledge transfer from development to operational sectors and to local service organizations
- Minimize operational costs for volume products.
- Analyze global product performance and define requirements for co-design improvement.
Education and experience
Bachelor or master's degree in Mechatronics or Electro-Mechanics, Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
- Manufacturing/production environment
- Customer Support/Field service environment.
- Industrial Automation environment
- Maintenance environment
- Our preference goes out to experience candidates in the field of Industrialization of high-tech products.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Pro-active mindset. Plenty of initiative.
- Leadership and drive for own deliverables
- Able to plan ahead own deliverables based on forecasts
- Team player with excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- Customer focus, analytical skills, flexible attitude and commitment are key for this role.
- Willingness for foreign travel, approximately 2 weeks a year.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.