You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Integrator Wafer Stage Sensor Cleaning
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Chemistry & materials science, Mechanical engineering
Introduction to the job
Do you enjoy teamwork, solving problems using creative thinking? Do you like to think and act on system level? Would you like to continuously improve the availability of the machine? Do you have a broad technical interest combined with good communication and networking skills? Then the job of a Wafer Stage Sensor Cleaning Integrator is just for you!
The integrator for Wafer Stage Sensor Cleaning resides in the group Optics Lifetime, and contributes to multidisciplinary projects working closely with Vacuum Systems and Sensor teams.
Role and responsibilities
The mission of your team is to use the knowledge about surface contamination and cleaning processes to secure performance and lifetime of wafer stage sensors while minimizing the impact on scanner availability. Together with the team architect you will define the solutions for cleaning of the sensors of future scanner platforms and upgrades for the installed base. Your team will translate these solutions into hardware and software specifications for the teams that build scanner gas and vacuum infrastructure, sensors, metrology and dose control. You will help create the test plans to validate these solutions and execute them on scanner prototypes and test benches. By conducting off-line experimental studies together with ASML partners you will refine the models of contamination and cleaning of the sensors.
During the system integration phase you will need to combine your creative problem-solving abilities with analytical thinking and an assertive attitude. This will drive development of innovative solutions that work around, break through and/or solve disturbances quickly, without impacting on projected performance budgets and delivery times. To achieve these solutions you will need to prioritize and set your own goals.
- Align and maintain an overview of joint tests agreed together with partner projects
- Perform analyses and calculations to predict sensor degradation and functionality of cleaning solutions
- Supports the design by analysis
- Come up with test plans and perform tests to verify the specifications
- Define and carry out experimental offline studies to refine degradation and cleaning models
Education and experience
Technical University Masters in Applied Physics,Mechanical Engineering, Material Science or similar
- Versatile integrator within a technical environment with 3 years of industrial experience
- Relevant experience and knowledge of molecular contamination control and modelling in an industrial environment
- Familiar with product development in a concurrent designing process.
- Experience in experimental physics or chemistry (related to plasma-material interactions or thin film deposition)
- Experience with data analysis and modeling (preferably with Matlab or Python);
- Experience with surface analysis techniques
- Prior knowledge of vacuum systems, thin film processes or EUV optics is a benefit
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Team player, ability to interact with intercultural teams
- Self-propelled, showing initiative and drive
- Flexible, result driven and committed
- Able to break down a large problem into manageable components
- Problem solver combining a strong analytical ability with a pragmatic and pro-active attitude
- Eager to learn, not afraid to take responsibility and able to step into the mind of a customerGood communicational skills and good knowledge of English
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.