You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Intern, Product Safety Engineer
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Within D&E (Development and Engineering) projects, the PSE (Product Safety Engineer) is principally responsible to create/review safety specifications and definitions for tooling designs and complex sub-system functions, while leading one or more safety risk areas on a global scale as part of the global product safety competency. Partner on multiple strategic product levels focusing on human safety risk areas. Responsible for knowledge within assigned core safety risk area.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
ASML Integration, Quality and Reliability Engineering Department in Wilton CT is currently looking for Product Safety Engineering interns.
As an Intern in the Integration, Quality and Reliability Department, you will participate in developing portions of the lithography system and/or associated tooling and test equipment. You will work on sub-systems involving robotics, mechatronics, precision mechanics, and/or opto-mechanics. You will need to consider engineering specifications and performance, lifetime, failure modes, root cause analysis, statistical analysis, reliability predictions, 6 sigma techniques, measurement system capability, etc.
You will collaborate with product safety engineers, system architects, and design engineers in multidisciplinary project teams to support reviews to evaluate product safety with human safety emphasis, identify and isolate potential safety hazards, review safety procedures, review design changes for potential product safety impact.
Remain knowledgeable and in compliance with all company Environmental, Health and Safety practices and proactively address EHS (Environmental Health and Safety) issues that exist within the employee's immediate work environment.
Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
Education and experience
- Candidate for Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline (Minimum 2.5 years completed), or equivalent experience.
- Capability to interface with multidisciplinary groups including leadership.
- High energy self-motivated team player with strong desire to learn.
- Customer oriented and willing to work with high level problem solvers on a daily basis.
- Possess strong leadership and ownership characteristics with commitment to achieve results on time.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- This position is located on-site in Wilton, CT. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.