You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Internal Control Specialist
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
The Risk & Control Officer is responsible for supporting the business owners and area experts in their responsibility to ensure that ASML’s processes, in all relevant aspects and across all levels of our business, comply with the applicable requirements and with ASML’s in-house and risk and control policies within the scope of Korea, as part of the global risk and control policies.
Role and responsibilities
The Risk & Control Officer is responsible to drive businesses within the ASML organization to embed control improvements in end-to-end business processes to help realize ASML’s objectives, to better support sound decision making and to drive sustainable and cost effective risk and control solutions in Korea.
The Officer connects to all applicable ASML’s activities present in Korea, assures sound connection to the global ASML organization and translates complex risk related challenges to simple solutions. The Officer represents Korea management and operations in the global Risk & Control team and translates global initiatives into local solutions.
This position is responsible to ensure that risks and controls, from an integrated perspective, are embedded within ASML processes in such a way that ASML is able to meet its strategic objectives and is able to comply with all applicable Company policies and laws & regulations.
The key responsibilities are:
- Drive and translate the global risk and control strategy towards the local situation.
- Be the driver of broadening risk and control mindset within the Korea business environment.
- Drive risk and control initiatives in Korea and support the business to ensure that risk and control is sufficiently established in end-to-end processes and embedded in the ASML integrated risk & control framework.
- Collaborate with local country management team, compliance experts and business departments to monitor that required policies, standards, regulations and controls in response to identified risks are adequately addressed within the integrated Risk and Control Framework.
- Collaborate with the other capabilities within Risk & Business Assurance (RBA) department to provide aligned services to country management, local process owners and content area experts as part of the global RBA integrated plan.
- Align and build strong relationships with applicable stakeholders and gain buy-in, in order to drive changes and implement best practices.
- Actively involve region / country leadership to leverage key risk and control messages and to maintain high level of awareness (i.e. “tone at the top and at the middle”, implementation at all levels within the organization including in the field).
- Support in the design and the implementation of effective, proven concepts of internal controls to support ASML to optimize processes.
- Secure evaluation of the effectiveness and efficiency of controls and improve them continuously to improve the concept of ‘being in control’.
- Gain an in depth understanding of the current and future business processes, in order to identify and prioritize the relevant risks and to provide advice and support to the risk owners, content area owners and other stakeholders.
- Enhance risk awareness of the business and stakeholder by providing guidance and training on Risk and Control matters within the worldwide organization.
- Ensure seamless, proactive cooperation and alignment with the Central Risk & Control team (Veldhoven - the Netherlands).
Education and experience
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5+ years of total related professional experience in audit, advisory in the field of risk management and/or internal control
- 3+ years of focused experience in establishing and monitoring Risk & Control Frameworks and/or Compliance programs;
- Certification of CPA and/or CIA is preferred;
- Fluent in English.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to influence and bepersuasive;
- Having a passion to support andexplain others in expanding their risk and control mindset;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with associates at all levels through the organization;
- Make complex topics simple and transparent;
- Good social and effectivecommunication skills;
- Proven proactive, hands-onattitude and self-starter; and
- Overcomes barriers for change and engages others to take action.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The Risk & Control Support Officer reports to Risk & Control Manager in Korea and will be part of the broader Risk & Business Assurance (RBA) department.
As ASML is a listed company in both the US (NASDAQ) as well as in the Netherlands (AEX), risk and control is crucial. This makes this position challenging, complex and key within ASML.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.