You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Supply Chain NPI Project Manager
Projects, Programs and Change
In a nutshell
Projects, Programs and Change
10-15 years, 16+ years
Other non-technical backgrounds
Are you challenged by working closely together with our suppliers and ASML teams to ensure the right quality, on time delivery and costs of our parts and modules in our supply chain throughout the entire product life cycle? Do you like to turn the technology roadmap of ASML into industrialized solutions?
If yes, then join the Sourcing & Supply Chain Project Lifecycle Management (PLM) department as a Supply Chain New Product Introduction Project Manager.
You will work closely together with the supplier and ASML teams enabling the introduction, industrialization and ramp-up of new developed parts and modules at our suppliers. These teams focus on Quality, Logistics, Technology, Costs and Sustainability (QLTCS) of complex modules. Teams consist of Supplier Quality Engineer(s), Logistic Supplier Management, Product Lifecycle Coordinators, Development Engineers, Sourcing Leads and Re-use experts. The Supply Chain NPI Project Manager uses the right expertise and project management skills to ensure the QLTCS roadmap targets are set and met on time, before release for volume.
Role and responsibilities
- Creating and motivating a x-sector team to achieve industrialization targets at our suppliers taken into account the complexity and time pressure
- Apply Early Supplier Involvement and Concurrent Engineering to meet the urgent timeline
- Drive for efficiency (and speed) by assessing the (n-tier) supplier process flow and applying bottleneck management
- Defining and agreeing on the right QLTCS roadmap targets and actively give follow-up
- Proactive reporting out the project status towards the PLM Program Manager
- If applicable report-out status and (containment) actions in the appropriate level of our escalation boards
- Challenging the technology specifications versus the manufacturability at supplier and driving scenario-based evaluation to arrive at the best solution.
- Defining creative solutions with the team in the n-tier supply chain of the supplier to mitigate risk and issues
- Keep track of the configuration of the first delivered parts/modules to secure commonality in the early phases
Education and experience
- Master's degree with min 8 years relevant work-experience
- Proven track record in project management and leading x-sector teams
- Proven track record to improve efficiency and effectivity in technical production environment
- Experience in interfacing with suppliers on industrialization targets
- Experience in out-of-the-box creative problem solving and solution thinking
- Experience in bottleneck management of manufacturing processes
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
- Strong negotiation skills for interacting with other sectors and suppliers
- The drive, energy and initiative to achieve continuous improvement
- Stakeholder management: deal effectively with internal and external stakeholders both at operational and executive levels
- Strong business sense enabling optimal balancing of stakeholders' interests
- Natural leader with technical aptitude
- Pro-active problem solver, action and result oriented
- Organize cross functional cooperation
- Able to coach team members
- Excellent professional communication in English. Dutch preferred
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Context of this position
You start during the earliest phase of the Product Life Cycle. Based on the supply chain risk we define the complex parts for a new product. You will lead the process to bring one or more of these complex parts towards industrialization. If applicable you will be involved in supply chain design and supplier selection process. Once the supplier is known you will start the industrialization process with the supplier. Since the teams develop high tech modules against challenging timeline, most of the time material availability is at risk. We do apply concurrent engineering when creating the design and parts/module manufacturing at the supplier. While doing this you have to make sure you manage the timely industrialization of these complex parts during the execution of the manufacturing process at the supplier.
Examples of QLTCS roadmap targets you secure for the first deliveries, ramp up and volume are:
- Quality: Analyze supplier feedback, Process FMEAs, optimize manufacturing flow (across suppliers), Yield, Material Notifications, Quality-docs;
- Logistics: Supplier cycle time, Move rate at supplier, Flexibility of the move rate, Material availability;
- Technology: Design FMEA’s, Technical issue management at supplier, Completeness design documentation;
- Costs: Cost of Goods and total cost of ownership, Supplier investments;
- Sustainability: Refurbishment/repair capabilities, Re-use of modules/parts
During this process, some of the foreseen risks become issues. Until the part/module is industrialized you are responsible to mitigate and ultimately solve these problems with the teams and supplier. This includes organizing a successful x-sector team with sufficient solving power, as well as regular report out towards senior management.
Travel required: 20-25%
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.