Lead Engineer Handling & Transport Technology
Design Engineering and Architecture
In a nutshell
Design Engineering and Architecture
Introduction to the job
Join our Handling & Transport Technology (H&TT) team today! Become a specialist in transport, assembly and lifting of high-end machine parts and modules. This delicate job covers everything that is required from the first assembly of the machine in the cleanroom in Veldhoven, all the way to installation, servicing and upgrading our machines at customer plants all over the world.
Role and responsibilities
As a specialist you will be responsible for the design of lift and transport tooling or action within an international multicultural team. The following is part of your daily tasks:
- Definition of lifting and transport tools/actions for safe, reliable, efficient and cost-effective transport and installation of ASML systems and modules
- Technically lead a team of engineers and co-developers to create designs, documentation and hardware
- Translate high level specifications into feasible tooling/action specifications (concept design, choice of existing or new dedicated or universal tools, volume constraints, swap paths, inter modular interfaces, factory layout and constraints, costs, cycle time, hardware need dates)
- Perform and guide risk analysis sessions
- Technically lead farm out development of tools at co-developers and manage changes and refinements in specification as well as working to receive 'first time right' designs
- Support studies
Bachelor or master's degree in mechanical engineering or similar education
- Experience with tooling design and risk assessment is preferred
- Experience with technically leading a team of engineers or co-developers is preferred
- Ability to read, understand and interpret complex English documents, such as legislation and standards
- 3D modeling experience, preferably Siemens NX and TeamCenter
- Mechanics skills: static design forces/strength/stability/kinematic constraints, execute and verify hand calculations and FEM calculations
- Be able to create high level concept designs and find solutions for conflicting requirements
- Be able to keep an overview of the ongoing activities and make executable plans
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in as lead mechanical design engineer, you’ll need the following skills:
- Able to technically lead and motivate a team of engineer or co-developers
- Critical thinker
- A safety-first mindset
- Helicopter view without losing the in-depth details
- Take initiative
- Structural; ability to create structure with inputs from multiple directions
- Assertive: able to defend your points of view
- Influence without power
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The group Handling & Transport Technology (HTT) is part of Development & Engineering group (D&E) and is part of the Mechanical Development cluster (MDEV) within ASML. The HTT group is responsible for the specification, definition, realization and qualification of all handling and transport tools and packaging for ASML machines. You will be reporting to the Team leader.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel