Customer Support Engineer
In a nutshell
0-1 year, 2-3 years
Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics
- Install equipment at customer's locations, including equipment with new features, unload components, inspect for damage, assemble, align and test.
- Analyze applicability, accuracy and adherence to design specifications.
- Recommend design changes or substitution of materials when appropriate.
- Evaluate and diagnose problems and make appropriate repairs. Work with co-workers, customer & field support in isolating and solving problems.
- Maintain and optimize equipment on a daily basis to enhance functionality and prevent problems.
- Train customers in use and routine maintenance of equipment. Answer customer questions and assist customers in a professional manner.
- Act as a resource for users on routine malfunctions. Advise users of appropriate actions to correct malfunctions and may recommend changes in user procedures.
- Perform administrative and coordination duties, including pass-downs, work orders, field service reports, system problem reports, and monthly reports.
- Prepare written technical reports on an independent basis. Provide if appropriate support and assistance to less experienced ASML or local personnel as necessary.
- Should expect to spend more than 50% of the time inside the clean room working with mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Can work flexibly, can accept overtime working.
- Have initiative to communicate with colleagues and learn from them.
- Can accept manager/leader’s arrangement based on company business needs.
- Position requires a BS degree in an engineering field or equivalent experience, mechanical aptitude, and knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, electronics, semiconductor processes, relevant software, and related.
- Knowledge of safety procedures required.
- Sufficient oral and written English level.
- Offline analysis capability
- Analysis techniques and tools
- Analyzing capability
- Open-minded and communication skills
- Passionate and willing to learn.