D&E - MPS Software Design Engineer - Linkou
Design Engineering and Architecture
In a nutshell
Design Engineering and Architecture
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by the engineering of high-tech semiconductor equipment products? And you are a Software Design Engineer with experience in C-programming, Embedded systems and VxWorks ? You’d better contact us today!
If you are experienced developer and would like to
- Prove you are highly talented and ready to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Enjoy the challenge/problem solving of complex issues in multi-dimensional cause.
- Make a difference to efficiency and profitability of ASML by performing the engineering change through the product life cycle.
- Make your work to have a global impact.
- Be involved with all aspects of our lithographic systems – not only the software but the full functionality.
Then, you shall fulfill the position of “MPS Design Engineer”. This is your chance to work in a multinational environment that also provides you complex technical and challenges.
Role and responsibilities
Business Line Mature Products and Services is responsible for PAS5500 PAS 55000 systems, the 200mm wafer Lithography systems of ASML. Our Design & Engineering team deliver the structural solution to supports PAS5500 installed base by providing refurbished systems, upgrades, spare-parts and service to our customers with long-term availability.
Part of long-term availability we start redesigns of all electronics in system to extend the PAS 5500 life-cycle to the year 2030 or beyond. For these redesigns the software team takes care of the definition, realization, qualification and integration of the software and firmware.
The position we are looking for is a software design engineer to cover software related deliverables.
- Contribute to the development of the PAS5500 product line by re-designing, creating and testing sub-systems, within the restrictions imposed by system specifications, costs and planning considerations.
- Lead the software aspects related to repairs and refurbishment of PAS5500 systems and trouble shooting, resulting in both quick fixes and structural solutions.
- Develop and implement the software aspects of customer specials in close cooperation within the multidisciplinary team.
- Convert the existing PAS 5500 software to new platform, align the redesign with Electronic and Mechatronics developers
- Support the Manufacturing and Customer Support organization to meet the output and quality requirements and high end trouble shooting.
- Introduce new technology and design concept to reform the system, extend the PAS5500 product life cycle.
- Specify, re-design, replace critical software components, while maintaining the existing architecture.
- Integrate, qualify and optimize all the software aspects of the equipment modules in order to meet the system performance.
- Contribute to the master plan by making a realistic work break down.
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Optimizing quality of the software aspects of the modules.
- Develop and implement the software project in close cooperation with stakeholders.
- Identify and integrate the design/solution and contribute to documentation and knowledge base.
- Co-operate with multi-sectors (ex, CS, PE and APP) is required in daily work and also possibly co-work with worldwide ASML colleague and external sectors.
Education and experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science and Information Technology, Mathematics or equivalent.
- 5 years of experience with software designs, repairs, refurbishments of multi-disciplinary equipment like measurement tools, positioning systems, handling systems etc.
- Embedded software in combination with related hardware.
- Defining (re-)design requirements, implementation and qualification.
- VX works, C, Solaris and the relevant configuration tools.
- Adjustment of code within large existing code archives which are not all perfectly documented.
- Control of sensors & actuators of measurement systems, motion systems, optical systems, illumination systems and handlers.
- Good experience in implementing quality and/or efficiency improvement projects.
- Experience in Quality & Efficiency improvement projects in both the production and development environment are an advantage.
- Experience in Unix/Linux and computer network knowledge is a preferred. Sysadmin for Unix/Linux system, including installs of Unix/Linux software, configure, and maintaining of OS. Monitor, analyze, and resolve problems associated with software running on Unix/Linux OS.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
- To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Team player able to communicate professionally with colleagues and people with non-SW and/or different cultural backgrounds.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude, able to quickly understand existing code.
- Ability to identify root causes and develop/drive solutions.
- Self-driven, pro-active, hands-on and get-it-done mentality based on technical arguments.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with people from all levels in a professional manner.
- Analytical, procedural, accurate and independent way of working.
- Good English and Mandarin language skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.