You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Finance Controller
In a nutshell
Other non-technical backgrounds
Introduction to the job
Together with her customers and suppliers ASML is heading towards an interesting and challenging era growing today’s company into and beyond 20bE company, playing a crucial role in the semiconductor industry globally. Your job will be in an internationally focused, driven, dynamic, and deadline orientated environment.
Are you challenged by contributing to our successful world-class finance department as a hands-on Senior Financial Controller? Do you have the passion and ability to improve and automate existing processes taking into account tax requirements? Why not join us?
At ASML we constantly have to ensure that our people, processes and information enable us to realize our growth and meet our ambitious business objectives. Especially in an exciting era of automation, digitalization, robotics and data mining, enabling ASML’s future growth and its success.
Recently ASML has launched its transformation towards Global Enabling Services (GES) to deliver world-class transactional & operational support services organized around End to End (E2E) processes. Finance and IT are the first movers soon expected to be followed by other services. Within Finance we have established the E2E cycles, Record to Report, Invoice to Pay, Market to Cash and Employee Financial Services.
To realize our ambition, we are looking for a Senior Financial Controller to strengthen our Financial Services Tax & Treasury team responsible for the Tax & Treasury accounting including its related processes. As Senior Financial Controller, you will bring hands-on and pragmatic expertise and know how to ensure the right accounting, coach more junior team members, actively engage in stakeholder management and drive continuous process improvements as well support the transition to our future ERP system. Furthermore, the Senior Financial Controller will be a key business partner to the Expert Tax Advisory team who focuses on technical tax requirements withing the ASML Group.
It is a challenging position in a dynamic and international oriented environment. You support the team in its transformation to deliver world class end to end Record-To-Report process that ensures (external) tax compliance and supports accounting for (better) decision making.
Another part of this role is providing support to the Tax technology roadmap. ASML strives to use technology as a driver to realize a fully automated and future proof (compliance) process. With technology, you can think of a direct tax engine, a direct tax compliance tool, a data-analytics tool, continuous monitoring, etc.
Role and responsibilities
Key areas of responsibility
- Manage worldwide ASML tax line calculation (including uncertain tax positions, deferred tax, return to provision/prior year tax adjustments, other discrete tax items etc.)
- Making sure our US GAAP & IFRS reporting packages reflect the right tax expense & tax balances
- Forecasting effective tax rate & relating tax balances
- Review & manage income tax compliance withing Europe including our Dutch fiscal unity
- Continuous improvements of process and procedures
What makes this role interesting
- Informal team of young professionals & work environment where you are supported to put together creative solutions and improvements
- Interaction with the Tax expertise team on relevant business events impacting our environment including working on several projects
- Unique opportunity to gain insight in all other financial services processes (sales, inventory, fixed assets, consolidation) in order to ensure being compliant
Education and experience
- Master’s degree in Accounting
- Fluent in English, Dutch is a big plus
- 6-10 years’ experience in (internationally oriented) comparable positions and/ or Big four experience; ideally coming from an (assistant) manager position
- Knowledge and experience of applicable (tax) accounting rules (US GAAP and/or IFRS)
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Good analytical, communication, and social skills. Professional and ambitious attitude. Results oriented, team player who takes their responsibility seriously
- Strong understanding of financial accounting processes
- Capable of co-working with team members while maintaining higher level overview
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues in other regions (US & Asia
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Are you interested in this role? Please apply with your CV and cover letter, detailing your motivation for this position.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.