Analyst for Wafer Tables
Design Engineering and Architecture
In a nutshell
Design Engineering and Architecture
0-1 year, 2-3 years, 4-9 years
Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics
Introduction to the job
The Wafer Table is a complex piece of hardware that touches the customer’s wafers. The Wafer Table is crucial to make lithography happen against the ever-demanding specs on overlay, focus, and throughput while ensuring high availability.
If you are curious about understanding what drives customer performance in our scanner, and if quantifying that performance by means of Tests and Data Analysis gives you energy, then a job as Analyst for Wafer Tables in our group could be a perfect match!
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
You are part of a team of analysts working on developing, qualifying, monitoring, analyzing and improving the Wafer Tables and their interactions with wafers to meet the system specifications and operational requirements. Your findings will eventually translate into possible design and manufacturing changes, therefore closing the feedback loop and helping us improve the Wafer Tables and increase customer satisfaction.
As an Analyst, you will enable one or more of the involved projects and your main responsibilities will vary at the different phases of development and will mainly be to:
- Define, align and execute test plans to qualify Wafer Table performance, in-house and at our customers.
- Perform (conceptual) FEM modelling of several performance aspects of the Wafer clamps and clearly communicate all status and results.
- Monitor, analyze and explore field performance data, collect learnings, lead or support root cause investigations also on Wafer Tables returned after their useful lifetime.
- Analyze output data and propose clear conclusions and recommendations which stakeholders can use to make decisions.
- Closely connect and interact with the architects and the project teams to learn how hardware operates and about ongoing challenges.
Education and experience
- Masters or PhD in Mechanical Engineering; or Physics or Mechatronics with mechanical background.
- Solid theoretical experience in the field of mechanical engineering.
- Solid MATLAB knowledge as main data analysis software, (Experienced Python users for data analysis willing to work in MATLAB are invited to apply as well)
- Experience in Statistics/reliability and FEM.
- Prior experience in defining and executing test plans is a plus.
- Highly proactive and collaborative, self-propelling and comfortable with challenging our technical leadership.
- Excellent (English) communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical ability combined with a pragmatic attitude to ensure progress against limited data.
- Strong drive for quality.
If this vacancy appeals to you, please elaborate in your cover letter on your experience (if any) in the following areas:
- MATLAB: Years of experience and last time used; Type of activities (Mathematical scripting, toolbox development, Object-oriented programming, Code testing, other: please specify): briefly describe selected project(s) from education or work highlighting your usage.
- (Multiphysics) FEM analysis: briefly describe a project or projects from education or work highlighting the extent of your experience.
- (Qualification) testing: Briefly describe a project(s) from education or work highlighting your experience in test plan definition, preparation, execution and data analysis.
Diversity and inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML lithography systems. The cluster Mechanical Development is designing, building and analyzing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. The group Wafer Tables and Clamps Analysis is responsible for general (mechanical) analysis of the Wafer Tables and Clamps. The Analyst reports to the Group Leader as well as the Project leader.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.