You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Applications Engineering Line Manager
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
Do you want to lead a team of project leaders and applications engineers that are working to help our customers securing the lithography and patterning challenges for their next technology nodes, at the most advanced logic and memory semiconductor R&D and HVM sites in the world?
If you are ready to combine technical patterning and device knowledge, semiconductor fab insights, a wide range of customer and internal stakeholders communication, project portfolio management, customer value and ASML business generation, and last but not least people management skills into one job, then join the ASML Applications Engineering department.
We are currently looking for Applications Engineering line managers for teams supporting Asia customers as well as US customers.
The Applications Engineering department
The Applications Engineering department has around 100 engineers working in project teams. Each team is dedicated to specific ASML customers. We partner with our customers to develop timely, innovative and tailored on-product performance solutions, to maximize the wafer yield and fab output. It is our mission to accelerate customer’s time to market for their next node devices!
You will be inspiring and leading the team to collaborate with our customers, by building strong technical relationships that help solve complex lithography scanner, metrology equipment, and process control integration challenges. Your goal: deliver solutions that generate customer value and enable the leading process nodes of our customers. And: provide feedback and customer insights to the development programs and teams, driving the ASML roadmap for future solution needs.
As a group lead (cluster lead), you will manage and lead a team of project leaders and engineers that are responsible for securing the success of multiple node transition projects (NTP) at one or more customers or sites around the world.
- Connect and collaborate with ASML customers in lithography, metrology and process control, in order to strengthen customer trust by generating unique value for customer’s node transitions
- Manage the execution of the technical roadmaps of ASML and our customers through their R&D and process ramp phases
- Oversee the project portfolio management of the projects and customer(s) in your account, in terms of customer and internal value delivery, through project scope, milestones and planning, deliverables, resources and budgets, and commercial project funding
- Track project progress, execution, risks, and issues; report out to customer and internal stakeholders and management, and whenever needed drive for effective escalations: get recognized as the point of contact, for both customer and key ASML stakeholders
- Develop, train and mentor your engineers and project leaders, on competence as well as skill level: drive team- and personal development and growth
- Work closely with the wider Application Engineering department, System Engineering, Business Development and Account teams, and (local) Customer Support, to define strategic node requirements, and through the project operations define solutions, drive validation and implementation, towards solution and product adoption
- Develop and maintain a strong link with the Business lines and product teams in ASML, in terms of translating customer requirements back into the organization, as well as supporting product teams for demonstrating their deliverable’s on-product performance benefit to customer
- Together with Account team drive for a predictable and profitable project forecast
- Represent your customer’s voice within the ASML organization
- Organize the team’s operations effectively in order to focus on your customer’s and team strategy and related business development
- Support and drive initiatives to further strengthen the Applications Engineering department
Education and Experience
As a high-potential talent you have:
- Master degree or PhD in Science, Physics, Mathematics or Engineering
- +10 yrs of experience in semiconductor industry working in process development, applications and project management
- Broad technical background (scanner, device, metrology, on-product performance, control, fab integration)
- Demonstrated customer focus and related experience
- Proven ability to lead and develop teams of highly skilled engineers and project leaders
- We are looking for a candidate who holds or has an outlook towards job grade 10
Vital in this role:
- Strong strategic thinking capability
- Enthusiasm and personal drive and vision
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication ability and stakeholder and network management
- A proactive attitude to find and drive for solutions
- Ability to convince and influence people, teams and organizations, in order to make an impact
- Business sense
- Excelling in a multi-cultural environment, and ability to travel world-wide (~25%)
We work in a fast paced, highly technical and complex industry with aggressive roadmaps and milestones. We need to collaborate with highly skilled and experienced lithography and metrology engineers and managers that have high expectations and requirements from the projects we together work on. In this role you will need to demonstrate strong technical skills and an ability to understand and communicate the needs of our customers within the company. The team you will lead consist of around 8 to 16 people in engineer and project leader roles, and you will report to the Applications Engineering Projects manager. The team will work closely with the local supporting team and of course our customers (Asia / US).
If you are challenged by this position or first want to know more, you are highly encouraged to respond to this vacancy. This will enable us and you to find out whether you might be the colleague we are looking for. We offer you the opportunity for personal growth and development, while at the same time as a team we contribute to the mission of our department and the company, and support our customers through strong partnership.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.